About the Cloud Platform Security Engineering team
Rubrik's customers are the largest enterprises in the world. They trust us with their data and expect to manage it over the public internet and on private/public clouds. The Cloud Platform Security Engineering team's goal is to build a secure by design SaaS data management platform (Polaris) for applications that mitigate data risk, accelerate ransomware recovery and achieve compliance. Our mission is to be the gold standard of security for operating on data in the cloud and a rubric for future cloud companies.
About the job
We are looking for experienced software engineers who like to build Infrastructure and are passionate about Security. You will be a key pillar of this newly forming team. You’ll get to own new and existing security platforms and frameworks, define the future of Rubrik’s cloud security, and participate in various efforts to ensure our engineering practices are up to the best in class security standards. You will help push beyond what it means to be best in class.
- You’ll design, implement and evolve critical, high quality, scalable software systems that enhance our security posture
- You'll build security frameworks and services to secure customer data
- You’ll identify attack surfaces and build solutions to harden our Cloud Data Management platform, Polaris
- You’ll review designs and implementations of product features to ensure security best practices are followed
- You will evangelize security across all engineering teams
- You will mentor and guide the junior members of this team
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- 8 years of relevant work experience, or 4 years of relevant work experience with a PhD in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Experience in Software Development in one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to Go, Python, Scala, Java, or C/C++
- Master’s, PhD degree, further education or experience in engineering, computer science or other technical related field
- Proficiency in using applied cryptography to ensure the privacy and integrity of data
- Experience with securing workloads in one or more of AWS, Azure or GCP
- Experience with one or more of key management systems, secret management, multi-tenancy, or privileged access management.
- Intimate knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, microservices architecture is a plus
Rubrik is one of the fastest growing companies in Silicon Valley, revolutionizing data protection and management in the emerging multi-cloud world. We are the leader in cloud data management, delivering a single platform to manage and protect data in the cloud, at the edge, and on-premises. Enterprises choose Rubrik to simplify backup and recovery, accelerate cloud adoption, enable automation at scale, and secure against cyberthreats. We’ve been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company two years in a row and as a LinkedIn Top 10 startup.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled: Rubrik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at email@example.com if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Apply For This Job