Rubrik is the leader in cloud data management, delivering a single platform to manage and protect data in the cloud, at the edge, and on-premises. Enterprises choose Rubrik to simplify backup and recovery, accelerate cloud adoption, enable automation at scale, and secure against cyberthreats. Rubrik has raised over $553 million in venture funding, most recently at a valuation of $3.3 billion. We’ve been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company two years in a row and as a LinkedIn Top 10 startup.
We aren’t shy about crafting products to solve problems no one has tackled or thought about before by defining the industry, instead of waiting for directions. Rubrik is the world's first platform to orchestrate data for hybrid cloud enterprises anytime, anywhere. We blend future-proof architecture with consumer-grade simplicity to pioneer a fresh approach to an old problem.
Our focus is on the people that can produce extraordinary results. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity and excited by the prospect of a challenge. Bottom line, if you have a limitless drive and like to win, we want to talk to you!
Rubrik is hiring a Senior Product Marketing professional to support our go-to-market messaging and strategy.
This position will provide an experienced marketer the chance to work on a variety of high-level projects at one of the fastest growing enterprise software startups in Silicon Valley. You will have the autonomy to build essential messaging strategies, to experiment with new buyer profiles, and to work across our organization in our rapid expansion into the enterprise. Above all, we expect you to earn a reputation as an expert on our product, our customers, and our market.
Where you can make an impact:
- Design, enable, execute, and measure product launches and go to market plans
- Develop marketing plans, working closely with demand generation, web/digital, and customer marketing to create an industry-leading customer experience and customer journey
- With the help of colleagues in the sales, alliances, technical marketing and product organizations, you will create go-to-market messaging that highlights our feature strengths for different target buyers. You will be able to present that material to a variety of audiences, from IT directors to executives, and you will build sales-ready presentations for handoff to a growing sales force.
- Ability to think, design, and execute creative initiatives to strengthen brand awareness and a keen eye for detail
- Identify metrics and drive regular communication on progress for the product marketing and marketing organization
- Ability to effectively partner with cross-functional teams on projects to drive business results
- You will develop a perspective on where we should go next. Combining primary research, secondary research, and your experience in enterprise software, you will recognize trends early and test novel messaging before the market catches on. In sessions with our product and engineering leaders, you will be able to serve as the voice of the customer.
- You will take a lead role in major product marketing initiatives. Whether working on new product launches or creating new short-form documents for field training, you will be able to take point in delivering high-quality material. You are used to documenting your work and providing templates for more junior colleagues.
- BA or BS from top tier university. MBA preferred.
- 7-10+ years in enterprise product marketing for high-tech companies that target IT organizations. Candidates may substitute comparable cross-functional experience for education.
- Experience creating professional messaging on technical topics, ideally relevant to enterprise software. You should be comfortable submitting a 2-3 page professional writing sample or a short PowerPoint deck as part of the job application.
- Specific examples working across geographies in a global or rapidly growing international organization.
- Analytical with a creative mind and ability to juggle many projects concurrently
- Must be enthusiastic about developing plans, but just as happy to roll up your sleeves to execute
- Able to multi-task and work in dynamic environments, rapidly anticipating and adapting to shifting priorities
Nice to have:
- Any domain experience, whether data backup and recovery, data protection, database, or enterprise storage experience, will give you a leg up
- Direct customer-facing experience before Fortune 500 companies, either as a presenter or working with sales, customer success, and services teams
- Coaching and cross-functional management experience will be helpful given your senior position at a fast-growing company
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply For This Job