ABOUT THE TEAM
SLA Domains, industry’s first and only policy engine that protects data across all object types and locations, are a key building block for customers to define their recovery time and recovery point objectives in a simple, declarative form. Data lifecycle team is a core team in the data management platform, that helps manage the data lifecycle of several petabytes of data across all locations through SLA Domains. The team helps customers with a far simpler, and a faster declarative approach to easily define and align SLAs with their business needs. The team is key to Rubrik's set it and forget it style of implementation where customers no longer have to undergo the manual process of scheduling back-up jobs.
- To enable unambiguous SLA assignment and compliance evaluation, we introduced object type selection in an SLA with an objective to simplify SLA creation and edit, make SLA assignments more deterministic
- More granular control to back-up admins to choose how SLA edits and reassignments affect the existing snapshots of snappables.
- Providing admins with enough information about all the failed back-up jobs and providing them with ways to select one or more latest failed backup tasks and retry backups for the respective objects as a remediation action.
- Address the SOX compliance needs of large enterprise customers by providing them with granular historical details of SLA configuration, object protection and snapshot expiration details. Automating this experience will help them avoid building custom solutions or using 3rd party solutions for reporting needs.
ABOUT THE JOB
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our team. We believe in giving engineers responsibility, not tasks. Our goal is to motivate and challenge people to do their best work. To do that, we have a very fluid structure and give people flexibility to work on projects that they enjoy the most. This develops more capable engineers, and keeps everyone engaged and happy.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve the software.
- Manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables with your technical expertise.
- Identify and solve for bottlenecks within our software stack.
Rubrik Software Engineers are self-starters, driven, and can manage themselves. Bottom line, if you have a limitless drive and like to win, we want to talk to you - come make history!
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or equivalent in computer science or related field
- 5+ years of relevant work experience,
- Proficiency in one or more general purpose programming languages like Java, C/C++, Scala, Python
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform/AWS/Azure or other public cloud technologies is a plus
- Experience working with two or more from the following: Unix/Linux environments, Windows environments, distributed systems, networking, developing large software systems, file systems, storage systems, hypervisors, databases and/or security software development.
Rubrik is one of the fastest-growing companies in Silicon Valley, revolutionizing data protection, and management in the emerging multi-cloud world. We are the leader in cloud data management, delivering a single platform to manage and protect data in the cloud, at the edge, and on-premises. Enterprises choose Rubrik to simplify backup and recovery, accelerate cloud adoption, enable automation at scale, and secure against cyberthreats. We’ve been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company two years in a row and as a LinkedIn Top 10 startup.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply For This Job