ABOUT THE JOB
As a FED Field Engineer, you will:
- Independently diagnose and resolve problems in the Rubrik products, as well as in the customer environment (e.g physical Linux and Windows system, VMWare virtual machines)
- Troubleshoot networking connectivity and performance issues between Rubrik appliances and the cloud (e.g. AWS, Microsoft Azure), using Wireshark and other packet tracking and analysis tools. Assist customers and partners in administrating and configuring network, router, switch (e.g. Juniper and Cisco), firewall and spam settings.
- Author knowledge-base articles for customers and internal consumption, detailing the symptoms, cause, workaround and solutions of common and/or known issues.
- Participate in weekend and holiday on-call/shift rotations.
- Attend onsite meetings and demos with Rubrik Sales Engineers during Proof of Concept (POC). Troubleshoot hardware issues and replace components on the Rubrik physical appliances at customers' datacenters.
- Work with Rubrik's Engineering and QA teams to recreate customers' issues in the lab. Review documentations (e.g. Release Notes, User Guide) on upcoming new software releases.
- Develop and enhance tools for analyzing logs, stats and performance data collected within the Rubrik appliances.
- Contribute to the effective and efficient handling of all levels of technical support cases from basic user questions to issues requiring more in-depth technical and problem-solving skills
- Independently diagnose and resolve problems within our sphere of the customer environment
- Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams
- Work with 3rd parties on interop issues.
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers.
- Ensure proper recording and closure of all issues
- Design, define and document support processes, training and knowledge-base articles for customer and internal consumption.
- Participate in on-call/shift rotation.
- Travel may be up to 80% of time - “fly and fix” <travel anywhere in CONUS is possibility>
- 3+ years doing enterprise technical support in storage or backup verticals, including advanced issues such as snapshots, replication, data recovery, networking, and VMware administration.
- Must have working experience with Linux / Unix command line.
- US citizen/US soil.
- Strong preference to be located D.C, Virginia, RTP area.
- Proven experience with Rubrik technologies preferred.
- Demonstrates customer facing capabilities & exceptional customer service.
- Existing Security Clearance is a plus (and eligibility to receive a clearance is required).
- Able to mobilize on very short notice (sometimes <24 hours notice).
- Must have technical working experience of VMware, backup technologies, networking.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to document and present technical content to all levels.
- Strong experience in one or more of the following areas: Microsoft Enterprise Applications, Databases, Cloud Technologies (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Private Cloud Platforms), Storage (NAS and SAN).
- Strong experience with scripting languages (bash, Python, Perl, PowerShell) is highly desirable.
- Bachelor's Degree Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, related field OR relevant work experience.
- Hands-on experience with installation, deployment, troubleshooting, configuration and tuning of enterprise applications and solutions.
Rubrik is one of the fastest growing companies in Silicon Valley, revolutionizing data protection and management in the emerging multi-cloud world. We are the leader in cloud data management, delivering a single platform to manage and protect data in the cloud, at the edge, and on-premises. Enterprises choose Rubrik to simplify backup and recovery, accelerate cloud adoption, enable automation at scale, and secure against cyberthreats. We’ve been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company two years in a row and as a LinkedIn Top 10 startup.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled: Rubrik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Apply For This Job