WORK SHIFT: 12:00 pm-9:00 pm Eastern Time
ABOUT THE TEAM
Customer Success Engineers at Rubrik will provide enterprise level technical support to our customers via phone, web, email, chat, onsite visits and other support channels as required. CSEs are responsible for delivering effective solutions to backup, recovery, replicate, archive, index and search data across Rubrik clusters and the cloud. CSEs will spend the majority of their time dealing with both technical and non-technical administrators and end users, with the remainder of the time spent with partners and other 3rd party vendors on interoperability issues. Specific duties include the following:
ABOUT THE JOB
In this role, you will:
- Independently diagnose and resolve problems in the Rubrik products, as well as in the customer environment (e.g physical Linux and Windows system, VMWare virtual machines)
- Troubleshoot networking connectivity and performance issues between Rubrik appliances and the cloud (e.g. AWS, Microsoft Azure), using Wireshark and other packet tracking and analysis tools. Assist customers and partners in administrating and configuring network, router, switch (e.g. Juniper and Cisco), firewall and spam settings.
- Author knowledge-base articles for customers and internal consumption, detailing the symptoms, cause, workaround and solutions of common and/or known issues.
- Participate in weekend and holiday on-call/shift rotations.
- Attend onsite meetings and demos with Rubrik Sales Engineers during Proof of Concept (POC). Troubleshoot hardware issues and replace components on the Rubrik physical appliances at customers' datacenters.
- Work with Rubrik's Engineering and QA teams to recreate customers' issues in the lab. Review documentations (e.g. Release Notes, User Guide) on upcoming new software releases.
- Develop and enhance tools for analyzing logs, stats and performance data collected within the Rubrik appliances.
- Contribute to the effective and efficient handling of all levels of technical support cases from basic user questions to issues requiring more in-depth technical and problem-solving skills
- Independently diagnose and resolve problems within our sphere of the customer environment
- Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams
- Work with 3rd parties on interop issues.
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers.
- Ensure proper recording and closure of all issues
- Design, define and document support processes, training and knowledge-base articles for customer and internal consumption.
- Participate in weekend and holiday on-call/shift rotation.
- 5+ years doing enterprise technical support in storage or backup verticals, including advanced issues such as snapshots, replication, data recovery, networking, and VMware administration.
- Must have good technical knowledge of VMware, backup methodologies, Linux and networking.
- Experience with scripting languages (bash, Python, Perl)
- Bachelor's Degree Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange and SQL, Oracle, Cassandra and MongoDB. Hands-on experience with installation, deployment, troubleshooting, configuration and tuning.
- Experience with AWS, Azure and other cloud platforms
- Strong written and oral communication skills; able to author and present root-cause analysis documents.
Rubrik is one of the fastest growing companies in Silicon Valley, revolutionizing data protection and management in the emerging multi-cloud world. We are the leader in cloud data management, delivering a single platform to manage and protect data in the cloud, at the edge, and on-premises. Enterprises choose Rubrik to simplify backup and recovery, accelerate cloud adoption, enable automation at scale, and secure against cyberthreats. We’ve been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company two years in a row and as a LinkedIn Top 10 startup.
Apply For This Job