ABOUT THE JOB
In this role, you will:
- Trouble shoot and resolve problems in the Rubrik products, as well as in the customer environment (e.g physical Linux and Windows system, VMWare virtual machines)
- Troubleshoot networking connectivity and performance issues between Rubrik appliances and the cloud (e.g. AWS, Microsoft Azure), using Wireshark and other packet tracking and analysis tools. Assist customers and partners in administrating and configuring network, router, switch (e.g. Juniper and Cisco), firewall and spam settings.
- Author knowledge-base articles for customers and internal consumption, detailing the symptoms, cause, workaround and solutions of common and/or known issues.
- Support meetings and demos with Rubrik Sales Engineers during Proof of Concept (POC). Troubleshoot hardware issues and support replacement of components on the Rubrik physical appliances at customers' datacenters.
- Work with Rubrik's Engineering and QA teams to recreate customers' issues in the lab. Review documentations (e.g. Release Notes, User Guide) on upcoming new software releases.
- Develop and enhance tools for analyzing logs, stats and performance data collected within the Rubrik appliances.
- Contribute to the effective and efficient handling of all levels of technical support cases from basic user questions to issues requiring more in-depth technical and problem-solving skills
- Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams
- Work with 3rd parties on interop issues.
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers.
- Ensure proper recording and resolution of all issues
- 5+ years enterprise technical support in storage or backup verticals, including advanced issues such as snapshots, replication, data recovery, networking, and VMware administration.
- Must have good technical knowledge of VMware, backup methodologies, Linux and networking.
- Would be great if candidate had experience with scripting languages (bash, Python, Perl)
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange and SQL, Oracle, Cassandra and MongoDB. Hands-on experience with installation, deployment, troubleshooting, configuration and tuning.
- Experience with AWS, Azure and other cloud platforms
- Strong written and oral communication skills; able to author and present root-cause analysis documents
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply For This Job