Rubrik is one of the fastest growing companies in Silicon Valley, revolutionizing data protection and management in the emerging multi-cloud world. We are the leader in cloud data management and have raised over $553 million in venture funding, most recently at a valuation of $3.3 billion. Rubrik has been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company two years in a row and as a LinkedIn Top 10 startup. As cloud adoption continues to grow at an astounding rate, we’ll be solving some of its most interesting challenges while building a product unlike anything seen before. This is a massive challenge and we’re just getting started so there is a lot of opportunity for personal growth and contribution.
Information Security - Who We Are
The Information Security organization advances the overall state of security at Rubrik through critical initiatives and coordination of large security projects. Information Security builds technologies, tools, and processes to better enable teams at Rubrik to develop secure software and protect data and systems with appropriate security controls. Information Security also develops systems to monitor and respond to attacks against our assets, provides awareness education to teams on security best practices for data protection, and ensures data governance and data sharing relationships with third parties in order to securely protect Rubrik information.
What You’ll Do
We are looking for a security culture and data governance lead to be a part of our team, which focuses on security governance, risk and compliance at Rubrik. Help run our innovative and immersive security culture program and operationalize strong enterprise data governance at Rubrik. The successful candidate will need to build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships across the company. To achieve this you must have excellent leadership, communication, and decision making skills.
- Manage roadmap of activities related to the security culture program.
- Design, set up and run regular phishing campaigns for different user populations at Rubrik.
- Identify and source external security speakers to address the company on relevant topics.
- Develop and administer security training to various audiences across Rubrik (i.e., new hire onboarding, general and role-based training, compliance-based training).
- Manage and continuously improve the developer security training program.
- Design and run various security campaigns (i.e., hackathons, CTF, cybersecurity awareness month)
- Manage vendors associated with security culture and other areas of responsibility.
- Develop reports, metrics and continuously mature our security culture program and associated campaigns.
- Support execution of an enterprise data governance implementation roadmap.
- Develop data governance standards and provide governance and oversight to enforce standards.
- Define indicators of performance and quality metrics to ensure compliance with data related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities, and adoption requirements.
- Roll out an enterprise wide data governance framework, with a focus on improvement of data quality and the protection of sensitive data through modifications to organization behavior policies and standards, principles, governance metrics, processes, related tools and data architecture.
- Define roles and responsibilities related to data governance and ensure clear accountability for stewardship of the company’s critical information assets.
- Serve as a liaison between business / functional areas and technology, to ensure that business requirements for protecting sensitive data are clearly defined, communicated, and considered a part of operational prioritization and planning.
- Assess and implement tool(s) to house data mapping / lineage.
- Implement use cases and technology to detect sensitive data across the ecosystem and enforce appropriate protections.
- Identify and drive remediation of data governance related risks to protect sensitive data.
- Lead critical stakeholder alignment discussions to achieve data governance programmatic objectives; resolve issues escalated by stakeholders from the business and functional areas.
- Contribute to security program development by identifying new or emerging opportunities to apply security principles and technologies.
- 8+ years of related work experience in driving security awareness and training programs, and / or data governance and data security program capabilities.
- Ability to craft complex communications and messaging in a simple, clear and concise manner to the various communities globally within our organization.
- Display practical knowledge of communication channels such as Confluence, Google Sites, etc. to drive positive user behavior change and reduced human security risk.
- Project management experience - the ability to plan, manage and maintain a complex, long term organization wide program.
- Knowledge of data governance and data quality practices, business and technology issues related to the management of enterprise information assets and approaches related to data protection.
- Knowledge of data related government regulatory requirements and emerging trends and issues.
- Demonstrated consulting skills, with change management concepts and strategies, including communication and performance measurement system design.
- Knowledge of risk data architecture and technology solutions.
- Can implement a solution (design), operational plan, and roadmap to achieve goals.
- Experience implementing agile use cases in a data governance tool.
- Executive presence: can represent a vision and build consensus across a variety of partners.
- Knows how to estimate work effort and incubate skill sets to achieve team goals.
- Has foundational knowledge of common security risks, vulnerabilities, threats and validated understanding of relevant frameworks such as ISO 27001/2, ISO 22301, ISO/IEC 38500/5, ISO 8000-150.
- Hands-on experience with data analytics and business intelligence dashboarding tools (e.g., Power BI) and with agile project management tools (e.g., Jira).
- Detail-oriented and able to understand the bigger picture by using your technical expertise and problem solving abilities to prioritize and manage blocking issues.
- Ability to ramp up quickly and learn new technologies with minimal lag time.
- Experience in a high growth business environment is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Security, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field preferred.
- SaaS and data management industry experience is a plus.
- Professional certifications in Information Security or Risk Management (e.g., CISA, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, CSX-P, CISSP, CCSK) is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled: Rubrik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at email@example.com if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Apply For This Job