Rubrik is the leader of the IT data management market. The company has completely transformed the traditional data protection market by converging Data Security, Compliance, Governance and Availability into Zero Trust Data Management.
We are looking for a world-class VP of Strategy & Chief of Staff to work closely with our executive team reporting directly into our CEO. In this newly created role, the person will have an immediate impact on the company, streamlining strategic initiatives, overseeing strategic programs, and communicating objectives across departments. This position assists the CEO determining and managing priorities, driving operational cadence, and represents the CEO across many scenarios. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in a business management role, with a special focus on executive-level advising and inter-departmental collaboration. Must also possess excellent analytical, critical reasoning, interpersonal, communication, influencing and leadership skills. Success depends on building rapport and credibility with multiple stakeholders across the organization.
Objectives of this Role
- Oversee strategic business initiatives from development through successful execution under the guidance of senior leadership and departmental heads
- Assist and communicate with executives in decision-making, program management, and initiative implementation
- Review, design, and execute on improvements to across interlocked department initiatives to find knowledge and skills gaps and help address them
- Improve current processes and coordinate organizational procedures for optimized efficiency and productivity
- Serve as liaison between staff, executives, senior leaders, and CEO, regarding company goals, employee well-being, project updates, proposals, and planning
- Oversee daily operations through collaboration with senior management and department leaders
- Build and develop relationships with all executives (VP and above) for increased efficiency and effective responsiveness into existing operations, and help to define new operational strategies, working with the CEO and management team on special projects
- Effectively triage escalations by driving cross-functional conversations to get to the bottom of complex issues that are blocking business priorities and/or imperatives
- Serve as a subject matter expert, handling inquiries and developing action plans to address them, and assisting with the preparation and dissemination of communications
- Own the executive calendar for board meetings, QBRs, various other critical planning and strategic update meetings.
Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or similar field
- 10+ years in general management experience. Minimum 5 years of experience in corporate strategy, business operations or strategic planning
- Proven experience organizing and directing multiple teams and departments
- Demonstrable success in influencing strategic direction of business
- Extremely versatile, dedicated to efficient productivity
- Experience planning and leading strategic initiatives
- Lead from the front leader with extreme sense of urgency
- Experience with data analysis
- Experience with budget management
- Consulting experience with a focus on operations management
- Proven success in a project coordination role
- Nimble business mind with a focus on developing creative solutions
- Strong project reporting skills, with a focus on interdepartmental communication
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled: Rubrik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Apply For This Job