Rubrik is seeking an Fullstack Dev Manager This role will report to the Director of Enterprise Architecture and is located at Rubrik in Bangalore, India.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Full Stack IT Development Manager, you will focus on the development of cloud native applications by leveraging modern cloud-native technologies that support the modernization, deployment, and management of applications in a live environment that supports internal employees and external users or partners. You will have excellent consulting skills to interact with internal and external business stakeholders and will have led a technical team comprised of Full Stack developers and DevOps engineers to deliver on IT initiatives and projects. The application stack includes software to support the front-end user experience, business logic, back-end, and database services. Appropriate use of software design patterns, architectural styles such as microservices is a key tool to a full-stack developer we believe in. In modern-day enterprise development, wider concerns such as API management, cloud-based services, and deployments to a container orchestrator such as Kubernetes are also relevant to full-stack development. In addition, the ability to operate within an Agile project environment, and a willingness to adapt to different ways of working are essential to being successful within a full stack development hands-on management role.
- Manage a combined team of Full Stack Developers and DevOps engineers.
- Help your engineers grow their skills and experience
- Author project plans for epics that can be recorded in the Jira
- Run agile project management processes and help to achieve autonomous cloud-native applications teams
- Provide guidance and coaching to team members on technical contributions, platform architecture, and other areas.
- Maintain empathy for the team by keeping awareness of engineering processes and practices. Examples might be: evaluating individual workflow during one on ones, conducting code reviews, or working on non-critical path bugs and/or features.
- Conduct managerial interviews for candidates, and train the team to do technical interviews
- Contribute to the sense of psychological safety on your team
- Generate and implement process improvements and foster innovation in the team and group
- Hold regular 1:1s with all members of their team
- Give regular and clear feedback around the individual's performance
- Foster technical decision making on the team, but make final decisions when necessary as part of the ARC (Architecture Review Council) meetings
- Draft quarterly OKRs and IT KPIs which are yearly objectives
- Improve product quality, security, and performance
- Participate in the Quarter End and Month End support on-call rotation to help ensure the availability goals against our Cloud Native apps portfolio are met, by working with Technical Operations and Platform engineers and development team members.
- A hands-on technical lead on open source technologies
- Exquisite brokering skills: regularly achieve consensus amongst departments
- 8 years or more development experience
- 2 years or more experience in a leadership role with current technical experience
- In-depth technical experience in at least one of the core languages, frameworks, or technologies used by your team
- Familiarity with other functional areas of your team
- Willingness to conduct PoCs and evals as needed and present readouts to the stakes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You share our RIVET values and work in accordance with those values
- Experience in a peak performance enterprise IT organization
- Working knowledge of the backend technologies used by your teams such as Python, or Java, or Go
- Working knowledge of modern frontend frameworks such as React or Vue.js or Angular
- Working knowledge of modern CICD tools such as CircleCI, Kubernetes, Docker
- Fast-paced startup environment experience
- Experience with AWS cloud and effective use of their services
- Computer science education or equivalent experience
- Passionate about open source and developer tools
Rubrik is one of the fastest-growing companies in Silicon Valley, revolutionizing data protection and management in the emerging multi-cloud world. We are the leader in cloud data management, delivering a single platform to manage and protect data in the cloud, at the edge, and on-premises. Enterprises choose Rubrik to simplify backup and recovery, accelerate cloud adoption, enable automation at scale, and secure against cyberthreats. Rubrik has raised over $553 million in venture funding, most recently at a valuation of $3.3 billion. We’ve been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company two years in a row and as a LinkedIn Top 10 startup.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Rubrik, the Zero Trust Data Security Company™, delivers data security and operational resilience for enterprises. Rubrik’s big idea is to provide data security and data protection on a single platform, including Zero Trust Data Protection, Ransomware Investigation, Incident Containment, Sensitive Data Discovery, and Orchestrated Application Recovery. This means your data is ready so you can recover the data you need, and avoid paying a ransom. Because when you secure your data, you secure your applications, and you secure your business.
We are a leader in data security, have been recognized as as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company, named as a LinkedIn Top 10 Startup and are proud to have earned Great Place to Work® Certification™. There has never been a more exciting time to join Rubrik, and our future is even brighter. The work you do will help propel our next chapter of growth as you do the best work of your career.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik:
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
- Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
- Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
- Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled: Rubrik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Apply For This Job