Rubrik’s Security Operations Center (SOC) team is charged with the threat detection and incident response mission. This includes monitoring security alerts and related data across Rubrik’s corporate network, endpoints, cloud infrastructure, and SaaS environments, to rapidly detect and accurately identify signs of intrusions and other malicious activity; performing investigations to determine impact and cause; managing issues though the incident response lifecycle from beginning to end.
As a Lead SOC Analyst (Incident Response), you will be responsible for defining, implementing, and maintaining the foundation of the SOC team’s capability set. This includes evaluating company requirements and threat posture to ensure a core set of capabilities exist, to be operated by the SOC program, as a comprehensive solution to defined security problems. All aspects of a SOC program including people, process, and technology will be under your scope of influence, as you partner with Rubrik’s SOC Analyst and Security Engineering teams to ensure implementation and delivery of defined outcomes.
Day-to-day work will include defining and implementing operations plans, tool use guidance, configuration of SOC operated tools, detection use case development, detection engineering (alerts, dashboards), process and playbook writing, and process orchestration. Ongoing responsibilities include supporting both the maturity of the SOC capabilities, as well as being responsible for handling security incidents and complex investigations.
Desired Experience and Qualifications:
- 6+ years of experience in a security operations role performing threat monitoring, investigation, and incident response work (as a SOC Analyst or the equivalent).
- 4+ years of experience performing security engineering work, including configuration and maintenance of tools used to conduct SOC workflows (detection platforms, logging platforms, analysis platforms, ticketing systems etc.).
- 2+ years experience leading teams as either a people manager or team lead
- Experience working with US Government agencies and security programs.
- Understanding of the NIST framework and standards with experience practicing them.
- Ability to self-manage complex projects from requirements gathering to implementation, including developing work breakdown structures, implementation roadmaps, dependency management etc.
- Experience analyzing data and alerts from email, network, endpoint, and infrastructure tools; interpreting meaning and gaining new insights.
- A practical understanding of endpoint and network forensics concepts.
- Ability to describe the incident response lifecycle end-to-end and to apply it creatively to scenarios.
- Experience using the MITRE ATT&CK framework and cyber kill chain concept in an operations context.
- Experience with SIEM technology and data correlation as a concept, and in writing SIEM content to facilitate alert generation and presentation of data to Analysts.
- Formal training / education in security monitoring and incident response concepts (SANS or Security+).
- Experience and a practical working knowledge of cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, GCP); able to describe cloud architecture and common uses.
- A practical understanding of workflow automation.
- US Citizenship
Preferences / Nice to Have:
- Experience in a structured “SOC” practice at a large enterprise
- Workflow tools: XSOAR, Jira, ServiceNow
- Data analytics tools: Devo, Splunk, QRadar, ArcSight, SumoLogic
- Security Tools: Firewalls, EDR, web proxy, AntiVirus and AntiMalware, email security gateways
- Cloud Technologies: Azure, GCP, AWS
Rubrik, the Zero Trust Data Security Company™, delivers data security and operational resilience for enterprises. Rubrik’s big idea is to provide data security and data protection on a single platform, including Zero Trust Data Protection, Ransomware Investigation, Incident Containment, Sensitive Data Discovery, and Orchestrated Application Recovery. This means your data is ready so you can recover the data you need, and avoid paying a ransom. Because when you secure your data, you secure your applications, and you secure your business.
We are a leader in data security, have been recognized as as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company, named as a LinkedIn Top 10 Startup and are proud to have earned Great Place to Work® Certification™. There has never been a more exciting time to join Rubrik, and our future is even brighter. The work you do will help propel our next chapter of growth as you do the best work of your career.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik:
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
- Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
- Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
- Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled: Rubrik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at email@example.com if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Apply For This Job