The Information Security organization advances the overall state of security at Rubrik through critical initiatives and coordination of large security projects. Information Security builds technologies, tools, and processes to better enable teams at Rubrik to develop secure software and protect data and systems with appropriate security controls. Information Security also develops systems to monitor and respond to attacks against our assets, provides awareness education to teams on security best practices for data protection, and ensures data governance and data sharing relationships with third parties in order to securely protect Rubrik information.
Where can you make an impact?
Rubrik is seeking an Enterprise Security Engineer. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring that Rubrik's Corporate IT services are designed and implemented to the highest possible security standards. You will partner with a variety of stakeholders across the business to achieve successful security outcomes in customer experience and productivity deliverables.
What you'll be doing:
- Partner with all teams across Rubrik to create secure corporate infrastructure design and deployment architectures utilizing threat models and risk analysis documentation
- Define organization policies for secure cloud design models within enterprise, hybrid, and public cloud environments including VMware, AWS, Azure and GCP
- Work with development teams, operations, governance, and other stakeholders to draft security standards and implement monitoring, alerting, and governance
- Design and implement standards across Identity (Okta), Endpoint (Windows, MacOS, Linux), Secrets Management (Vault, Lastpass) and Business Applications (Salesforce)
- Support incident responders in analyzing applicable threats, vulnerabilities, controls and residual risks
- Analyze and harden existing applications, infrastructure, automation, and deployment processes including CircleCI and Github
- Coordinate with security researcher community for submitted vulnerabilities with issues and remediation of threats in both hybrid and public cloud environments
Experience you'll need:
- Bachelor’s degree required; BS or MS in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field
- 6+ years experience in enterprise security, with hands on experience in administration and design across Windows, Mac, Okta and public cloud infrastructure
- 2+ years experience in VMWare and/or Network security modeling
- Broad knowledge of enterprise attack vectors and exploits in both end-user and IT Apps
- Subject matter expertise in business applications, endpoint and Identity management
- Deep understanding of endpoint systems, corporate networking including wi-fi and IT application systems (Salesforce, Mulesoft, Lastpass, etc)
- Programming experience in Python, Go or Java
- Security expertise in at least one major public cloud provider (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience with deploying and securing Enterprise applications and environments at scale
- Knowledge of regulatory guidelines and standards such as SOC2, ISO 27001, FedRAMP, etc.
- Understanding of corporate security maturity model frameworks and how to apply them
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Rubrik, the Zero Trust Data Security Company™, delivers data security and operational resilience for enterprises. Rubrik’s big idea is to provide data security and data protection on a single platform, including Zero Trust Data Protection, Ransomware Investigation, Incident Containment, Sensitive Data Discovery, and Orchestrated Application Recovery. This means your data is ready so you can recover the data you need, and avoid paying a ransom. Because when you secure your data, you secure your applications, and you secure your business.
We are a leader in data security, have been recognized as as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company, named as a LinkedIn Top 10 Startup and are proud to have earned Great Place to Work® Certification™. There has never been a more exciting time to join Rubrik, and our future is even brighter. The work you do will help propel our next chapter of growth as you do the best work of your career.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik:
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
- Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
- Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
- Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled: Rubrik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at email@example.com if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Apply For This Job