The Product Management team at Rubrik drives forward Rubrik’s vision, ensuring we continue to deliver on our market-leading platform as we address our customers’ most challenging data management & security needs. Our mission is to deliver the best application aware backups, helping customers to secure their data, while ensuring that we do not compromise on the end to end user experience we are known for.
About the job
Rubrik’s Cloud Data Management journey started with the innovative approach to data protection & security. Data protection for Oracle and Microsoft SQL is a key strategic focus area for Rubrik with emphasis on security and cloud. Our solutions for Oracle and Microsoft SQL are used by some of Rubrik’s top customers including several global fortune 500 organizations. The Senior Product Manager will join the Core Data Protection PM team and will be responsible for guiding the future of Oracle and Microsoft SQL solutions at Rubrik. We are looking for a hands-on expert with a growth mindset who has experience in shipping and accelerating enterprise-grade product(s).
You’ll have responsibility for product management for Rubrik’s solution for Oracle and Microsoft SQL. You’ll advance the roadmap for this strategically important product area, collaborate with engineering to execute on your plans, and work cross functionally to launch new capabilities to the market. This position will have very high visibility to executives as well as to Sales.
What you'll be doing:
- Own the vision, roadmap, execution, and adoption of Rubrik’s marquee workloads - Oracle and Microsoft SQL.
- Work with customers and prospects to empathize with their pain points, validate solution designs, share roadmaps, and evangelize Rubrik’s thought leadership.
- Collaborate with the engineering, support, design, and marketing teams to plan, build and launch high-quality product experiences.
- Write PRDs and user stories to define product improvements and roll-out strategy.
- Engage with Sales and Sales Engineering leaders to validate product roadmaps, review feature definitions, iterate to hone in on the right messaging, impart product training, and track customer adoption.
- Perform market/competitive analysis, prioritize product features/gaps, and clearly articulate decisions and tradeoffs.
- Engage closely with Engineering, product and GTM leadership in driving the success of the solution
Experience you'll need:
- 5+ years of enterprise product management. Experience from 0 to 1 is highly desirable.
- Prior experience in administering and/or developing solutions that require domain knowledge in data security and or backup products for databases is highly preferred
- Ability to build business cases, communicate effectively with professionally done presentations and write-ups, influence others, and measure success
- Aptitude to develop and maintain satisfactory working relationships with both the client and internal staff members and to deal effectively with high velocity, fast growth work environments
Rubrik, the Zero Trust Data Security Company™, delivers data security and operational resilience for enterprises. Rubrik’s big idea is to provide data security and data protection on a single platform, including Zero Trust Data Protection, Ransomware Investigation, Incident Containment, Sensitive Data Discovery, and Orchestrated Application Recovery. This means your data is ready so you can recover the data you need, and avoid paying a ransom. Because when you secure your data, you secure your applications, and you secure your business.
We are a leader in data security, have been recognized as as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company, named as a LinkedIn Top 10 Startup and are proud to have earned Great Place to Work® Certification™. There has never been a more exciting time to join Rubrik, and our future is even brighter. The work you do will help propel our next chapter of growth as you do the best work of your career.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik:
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
- Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
- Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
- Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled: Rubrik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Apply For This Job