Technical Marketing EngineerAt Rubrik, you’ll work with a world-class team that has built products like Google Search and Maps, YouTube, Facebook, and Apple iOS.
We are responsible for creating thought leadership in the cloud data management space. This translates to creating content, leading webinars, presenting at events, working with product management + SE's, and generally being available to the internal Rubrik teams to enable communicating a clear and concise technical message to our audience.
In short, we are responsible for creating, communicating, and curating content that resonates with technical audiences.
- You should become the ultimate authority on Rubrik’s capabilities and will have specific focus on certain features.
- You understand complementary and competitive products that could be encountered in real-world deployments.
- You work closely with peers in Product Marketing, Corporate Marketing, Product Management, Engineering, and Sales Engineering (SE) to create technical material for field consumption. This would involve technical slide creation, writing white papers, and more.
- You work with account teams, customers and partners to help them understand product capabilities, present, design solutions, and provide inputs on market requirements for future products and software releases.
- Up to 50% travel to industry conferences, headquarters visits, press events, user group meetings, and other influencer activities as a subject matter expert (SME) on cloud data management.
- Report to the Technical Marketing Manager.
- At least 3 years of experience in Technical Marketing or senior Presales Technical Roles and 10+ years overall experience in a technical role
- Ability to pair strategic technical thinking with business awareness
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and independent technical decision making skills
- Proven ability to present in public settings to varied audiences
- Proven technical writing ability
- Scripting/development experience - e.g. with one or more of Bash, Perl, Python, PowerShell.
- Strong technical foundation and hands-on experience with storage essentials: file, block, object, IO patterns, storage networking, RAID, etc.
- Strong technical knowledge of DevOps-focused tools: Ansible, DSC, Chef, Puppet or other automation tools, REST APIs
- Location - this is a remote HQ position. Candidates must be US based and able to travel up to 50%.
Nice if you have:
- BS/Masters in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related degree or experience
- Linux sys admin experience
- Cloud Experience - AWS and/or Azure preferred
- Database admin experience (MS SQL, Oracle, Postgres, MySQL)