Principal Product Manager, CompetitivePalo Alto, CA HQ Office
Rubrik delivers a single platform to manage and protect data in the cloud, at the edge, and on-premises. Enterprises choose Rubrik’s Cloud Data Management software to simplify backup and recovery, accelerate cloud adoption, and enable automation at scale. Rubrik’s run-anywhere, scale-out architecture is built to empower IT departments today, and in the future, reducing total cost of ownership while enabling infrastructure flexibility for a multi-cloud world.
Rubrik is one of the fastest growing companies in the Silicon Valley, revolutionizing data protection and management in the emerging multi-cloud world. We are the leader in cloud data management, delivering a single platform to manage and protect data in the cloud, at the edge, and on-premises. Enterprises choose Rubrik to simplify backup and recovery, accelerate cloud adoption, enable automation at scale, and secure against cyberthreats. Rubrik has raised over $553 million in venture funding, most recently at a valuation of $3.3 billion. We’ve been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company two years in a row and as a LinkedIn Top 10 startup.
Rubrik is looking for an innovative, experienced Principal Product Manager with a track record in storage and backup, business operations and performance engineering. The Principal Product Manager will join the Competitive & Strategy team and be responsible for ensuring that the product portfolio stands up to the most demanding customer environments. We are looking for someone who has experience taking enterprise product(s) to market and will partner closely with engineering, sales and cross-functional teams to ensure our products are performing well for top customers and prospects. As advocates for both our customers and our business, you will balance varied perspectives and lead cross-functional teams.
- Perform market/competitive analysis, product feature prioritization and clearly articulate decisions and tradeoffs
- You will be responsible for measuring and monitoring performance of our product suite in various customer environments.
- Work closely with sales teams to ensure success of proof of concepts with our most strategic customers and partners.
- Collaborate across the product team, engineering and marketing to plan, build and launch products that meet the most demanding requirements of our customers.
- You will write performance reports, manage project execution, help create and define product roll-out strategy
- Process, review and interpret sales data and customer usage patterns to uncover product insights.
- Develop, manage and communicate competitive positioning to both internal and external key stakeholders
- Represent our suite of products in front of sales, partners and customers in both pre and post sales situations
- Help identify and establish key technology and sales partnerships
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field is required. MBA preferred
- 7+ years of extensive product leadership, planning, communication, organization, and people management and influence skills
- Experience with SQL server & Oracle environments, database protection, enterprise software, and datacenter infrastructure product/solution offerings
- Must have business acumen and ability to build business cases, communicate effectively with professionally done presentations and write-ups, influence others, and measure success
- 3+ years of people management experience required
- Thorough knowledge of enterprise software platform and software development methods and processes
- Develop, install, and evaluate new and revised methods, procedures, and performance standards to meet established goals and objectives
- Ability to be self-motivated towards the achievement and measurement of established goals
- Aptitude to develop and maintain satisfactory working relationships with both the client and internal staff members and to deal effectively with conflicts
Wall Street Journal, How One Silicon Valley CEO Practices ‘Radical Transparency’
John Thompson: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPJZ3N4DB6E&t=21s
Frank Slootman: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLerCyryTmY
Fastest Growing Enterprise Company in the Billion Dollar League
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.