Principal Product Manager, CompetitivePalo Alto, CA HQ Office
Rubrik delivers a single platform to manage and protect data in the cloud, at the edge, and on-premises. Enterprises choose Rubrik’s Cloud Data Management software to simplify backup and recovery, accelerate cloud adoption, and enable automation at scale. Rubrik’s run-anywhere, scale-out architecture is built to empower IT departments today, and in the future, reducing total cost of ownership while enabling infrastructure flexibility for a multi-cloud world.
Rubrik is one of the fastest growing companies in the Silicon Valley, revolutionizing data protection and management in the emerging multi-cloud world. We are the leader in cloud data management, delivering a single platform to manage and protect data in the cloud, at the edge, and on-premises. Enterprises choose Rubrik to simplify backup and recovery, accelerate cloud adoption, enable automation at scale, and secure against cyberthreats. Rubrik has raised over $553 million in venture funding, most recently at a valuation of $3.3 billion. We’ve been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company two years in a row and as a LinkedIn Top 10 startup.
Rubrik is looking for an innovative, experienced Product Manager with a track record in storage and backup, business operations and product strategy. The Principal Product Manager will join the Competitive & Strategy team and be responsible for ensuring that the product portfolio stands up to the most demanding customer environments. We are looking for someone who has experience taking enterprise product(s) to market and will partner closely with engineering, sales and cross-functional teams to ensure our products are performing well for top customers and prospects. As advocates for both our customers and our business, you will balance varied perspectives and lead cross-functional teams.
- Understand existing quantitative and qualitative data around win/loss engagements, specifically around products, features, company profile. Create ongoing process to share insights into findings
- Process, review and interpret sales data and customer usage patterns to uncover existing product insights.
- Perform ongoing market and competitive analysis on companies, products, trends and threats.
- At a high-level, develop and maintain regular sales training.
- Specifically, provide intelligence and sales tools for the field (competitive briefs, cheat sheets, responses to sales questions). Develop a repository/process to address continuous requests.
- Work closely with sales teams to ensure intelligence is relevant and actionable internally and externally for our most strategic customers and partners.
- Collaborate across the product team, engineering and marketing to plan, build and launch products that meet the most demanding requirements of our customers.
- You will write performance reports, manage project execution, help create and define product roll-out strategy
- Work closely with testing lab to specify testing plans
- Inform internal stakeholders of information / resources available
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field is required. MBA preferred
- 7+ years of professional experience with an emphasis in product management/leadership, planning, communication, organization, and people management and influence skill
- Experience with enterprise software, and/or datacenter infrastructure product/solution offerings.
- Prior relevant experience in competitive intelligence/analysis
- Proven ability to work with Sales, Product Management, Marketing
- Must have business acumen and ability to build business cases, communicate effectively with professionally done presentations and write-ups, influence others, and measure success
- Develop, install, and evaluate new and revised methods, procedures, and performance standards to meet established goals and objectives
- Ability to be self-motivated towards the achievement and measurement of established goals
Wall Street Journal, How One Silicon Valley CEO Practices ‘Radical Transparency’
John Thompson: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPJZ3N4DB6E&t=21s
Frank Slootman: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLerCyryTmY
Fastest Growing Enterprise Company in the Billion Dollar League
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.