Rubrik is one of the fastest growing companies in Silicon Valley, revolutionizing data protection and management in the emerging multi-cloud IT industry. Recently named as one of Linkedin’s 2019 Top Companies, our mission is to unlock the power of data by organizing and protecting the world's business information by building a forward-thinking, design-oriented brand that impacts the perception of user interface and experience in enterprise.
We aren’t shy about crafting products to solve problems no one has tackled or thought about before by defining the industry, instead of waiting for directions. Rubrik is the world's first platform to orchestrate data for hybrid cloud enterprises anytime, anywhere. We blend future-proof architecture with consumer-grade simplicity to pioneer a fresh approach to an old problem.
Our focus is on the people that can produce extraordinary results. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity and excited by the prospect of a challenge. Bottom line, if you have a limitless drive and like to win, we want to talk to you!
The Senior Payroll Manager will be responsible for overseeing our global payroll function to ensure accurate, timely processing of employee payroll while adhering to multistate tax laws, federal, state and local laws globally. They will be responsible for driving procedure and systemic solutions to improve operation and our control environment. They should have the ability to work independently and take initiative to meet deadlines in a time-sensitive, fast-paced environment with great accuracy.
Where you can make an impact:
- Oversee Global Payroll process and manage a team of three located in 3 different regions
- Mentor, train, performance evaluations, and supervises the workflow for designated staff. This includes establishing priorities, workloads, controls and work procedures, as well as determining resource needs
- Ensures work is accurate and performed in a timely and accurate fashion. Manages daily payroll operations in accordance with company policies and standards, as well as federal, state and local regulations
- Manage the accurate and timely completion and submission of employment tax and other filings, as well as other regulatory reporting needs, for the company
- Developing, implementing and monitoring of departmental metrics, goals and objectives to support payroll operations
- Supervising and coordinating the review, analysis and reconciliation of employment tax withholdings and deposits
- Participates and/or leads projects with a system-wide scope including participating in the development and implementation of processes, procedures, and programs to increase the payroll operation efficiency and effectiveness
- Conducts and reviews audits to ensure accuracy, data integrity and adherence to regulatory mandates. Leads team efforts in timely and accurate research, analysis, and problem resolution
- Partnering with Finance to ensure accurate general ledger postings and reconciliations
- Maintain compliance with accounting policies, procedures and SOX controls for payroll
- Support ad-hoc payroll requests as needed by various internal departments such as Finance, Accounting, Legal, Sales Operations and HR
- BA degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPP certification a strong plus
- 10+ years relevant work experience in payroll and 5 years of supervisory experience
- Global payroll and multi-state US payroll with both exempt and nonexempt employees
- Public company experience
- Workday payroll experience
- Deep understanding of applicable Federal, State, and local payroll and related tax laws, regulations, and statutes
- Experience with processing all types of stock transactions, and an understanding of the tax implications of each type (i.e. NQSO, ISO, RSU, ESPP)
- Strong knowledge of internal controls, SOX documentation and control testing experience a plus
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills and attention to detail
- Strong desire to learn and grow
- Self-motivated, flexible and deadline-oriented
- Multi-tasking and time management skills, upbeat demeanor, and ability to stay organized in a fast-paced environment and work with a sense of urgency
- Ability to adhere to the highest ethical standards and unwavering integrity
- Strong system and data flow knowledge. Ability to learn and adapt to new process flows and software technologies
- Team-oriented approach – can participate as an effective team member as well as work cross-functionally with other organizations
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please view our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
Apply For This Job