ABOUT THE TEAM
As a member of the Developer Platform team at Rubrik, you will be focused on solving challenging frameworks, scalability, & stability problems that will enable the company to deliver a product at high-scale without compromising on quality, velocity, and coding standards. Rubrik positions you with a unique opportunity to innovate as we scale our organization to support a rapidly increasing customer base and engineering organization. As our products add more features and functionalities to the portfolio, you will be provided with more unique and diverse problems that require innovation, which will help in accelerating your career. This is a newly formed team and you will have the opportunity to define and shape the future of Engineering Infrastructure.
An ideal candidate for this role will have interest, background, and experience in full-stack software development, in particular related to frameworks, automation, and scalability. You are capable of solving critical problems that handles both cloud and on-prem infrastructure. You will have a significant impact on the velocity of the organization by solving problems with Build and Test infrastructure across all our product lines.
ABOUT THE JOB
As a Staff Engineer in Developer Platform organization at Rubrik, you will work closely with our wider engineering team to develop tools, frameworks, and services which will help enable developer productivity and build a high quality product.
As a Staff Engineer you will:
- Lead by example to build a culture of craftsmanship and innovation.
- Work with Technical Leaders to define roadmap for frameworks and infrastructure.
- Act as the primary domain expert to influence technology choices.
- Be a hands-on engineer; ensure frameworks/infrastructure built is well designed, scalable & high quality.
- Working closely with engineering teams to develop testing frameworks (functional and non-functional), CI/CD tools, visualizations and reporting dashboards for monitoring and enabling data based decisions.
- Provide detailed and constructive design and code reviews input to build high quality software.
- Provide mentoring, technical guidance and coaching to engineers.
Rubrik Software Engineers are self-starters, driven, and can manage themselves. We believe in giving engineers responsibility, not tasks. Our goal is to motivate and challenge people to do their best work. Bottom line, if you have a limitless drive and like to win, we want to talk to you - come make history!
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or equivalent in computer science or related field with 8+ years of relevant work experience
- Proven track record of building, maintaining and supporting infrastructure
- Expert knowledge developing and debugging in Python, Golang, Java or Scala
- Knowledge of CI/CD solutions like Jenkins
- Knowledge of virtualization & Storage / database / network
- Knowledge of Containerization tools like Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform/AWS/Azure or other public cloud technologies is a plus
- Ability to work independently and work collaboratively in a team environment, including quickly getting up to speed with new technologies
- Proficient organizational skills with the ability to lead challenging demands
Rubrik is one of the fastest growing companies in Silicon Valley, revolutionizing data protection and management in the emerging multi-cloud world. We are the leader in cloud data management, delivering a single platform to manage and protect data in the cloud, at the edge, and on-premises. Enterprises choose Rubrik to simplify backup and recovery, accelerate cloud adoption, enable automation at scale, and secure against cyberthreats. We’ve been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company two years in a row and as a LinkedIn Top 10 startup.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply For This Job