Rubrik is seeking a passionate and talented Senior Release/DevOps Engineer who has solid problem-solving and programming skills and rich experience in build and continuous integration systems (Jenkins, TeamCity, Argo-CI, Bamboo, etc..), and eager to enable efficient and fast releases by solving issues in the CI systems.
You are a key stakeholder who has a sharp focus on deploying, managing and automating a reliable, robust, high quality continuous integration infrastructure and services, debugging and resolving build and test issues to ensure on-time releases. The successful candidate has experience in automating tasks and working on large scale software development and releases within multi-platform and hybrid environments (On-prem and Clouds). He/she demonstrates effective communication and collaboration skills across projects and functional teams, and thrives in a fast paced environment. Strong sense of ownership and work ethics, collaboration, integrity are important traits required to succeed in this role.
- Provide timely and world class services of requests from key stakeholders: software development teams and project management. Typical requests would cover; CI systems, branching, build systems and testing across multiple platform environments, code signings, patches and more.
- Proactively identify issues during releases, collaborate with stakeholders on solutions and provide follow-up on the implementation.
- Maintain and automate tasks in Jenkins using Groovy, maintain and develop Jenkins shared libraries, and manage Jenkins pipeline via Jenkinsfiles.
- Maintain and support Jenkins setup in the Clouds as well as on-prem on Kubernetes.
- Partner with software development and project management teams to prepare for customization or enhancements required for new and updated release engineering requirements.
- Provide recommendations to monitor and improve release and continuous integration infrastructure.
- Drive improvements of tools used for continuous integration, automated testing and diagnostics, and release management.
- Analyze and adapt release configurations and processes to support changing needs and environments.
- Excellent follow up and communication skills. Ability to keep things conversational and organized while getting things done.
- Strong work ethics and adept at working with teams of highly talented individuals and at different time zones.
- Experience in managing Jenkins 2.0 pipeline as code, Jenkins configuration, setup and plugins
- Solid programming skills and experience with scripting languages, e.g. Groovy, Python, Shell script, and troubleshooting C/C++ builds.
- Knowledge of containers and container orchestration, i.e: Kubernetes
- Experience with version control, build management and CI tools, e.g. Git, Argo-CI, Artifactory, Bamboo or TeamCity.
- Experience with multiple OS environments - Linux, Windows, Mac OSX, various Unix flavors.
- Experience with multiple build tools - Bazel, GCC, Visual Studio, Make.
- Experience with virtualization technology, e.g. VMWare.
- Experience in managing the CI/CD lifecycle in a cloud environment, GCP, Azure and AWS, familiar with deployment and provisioning tools such as Ansible, Puppet.
Apply For This Job