ABOUT THE TEAM
As a member of the Engineering Platform and Developer Productivity team at Rubrik, you will be focused on solving challenging frameworks, scalability & stability problems that will enable the company to deliver a product at high-scale without compromising on quality, velocity, and coding standards. Rubrik positions you with a unique opportunity to innovate as we scale our organization to support a rapidly increasing customer base and engineering organization. As our products add more features and functionalities to the portfolio, you will be provided with more unique and diverse problems that require innovation that will help in accelerating your career.
ABOUT THE JOB
Rubrik is seeking a passionate and talented software developer with infrastructure and DevOps knowledge, who has solid problem-solving and programming skills, ideally with experience in build and continuous integration systems (Jenkins, TeamCity, Argo-CI, Bamboo, etc..), and eager to enable efficient and fast releases by solving issues in the continuous integration systems.
You are a key stakeholder who has a sharp focus on developing, managing and automating a reliable, robust, high quality continuous integration infrastructure and services, debugging and resolving build and test issues to ensure on-time releases. The successful candidate has experience in automating tasks and working on large scale software development and releases within multi-platform and hybrid environments (On-prem and Clouds). He/she demonstrates effective communication and collaboration skills across projects and functional teams, and thrives in a fast paced environment. Strong sense of ownership and work ethics, collaboration, integrity are important traits required to succeed in this role.
- Design, develop and drive improvements and solutions to complex technical challenges around engineering productivity and quality, build scalability and stability, test, and release infrastructure and CI/CD.
- Partner with software development and project management teams to prepare for customization or enhancements required for new engineering requirements, to enable better code quality, testability and release.
Maintain and support Jenkins setup in the Clouds as well as on-prem on Kubernetes.
- Provide recommendations to monitor and improve release and continuous integration infrastructure, and develop solutions for monitoring, metrics, and automation.
- Provide timely and world class services of requests from key stakeholders: software development teams and project management. Typical requests would cover; CI systems, branching, build systems and testing across multiple platform environments, code signings, patches and more.
- Experience: at least three years
- Solid python programming skills and experience with scripting languages, e.g. Flask and/or django, Groovy, Shell script, and troubleshooting Scala builds.
- Strong work ethics and adept at working with teams of highly talented individuals and at different time zones.
- Experience with version control, build management and CI tools, e.g. Git, Argo-CI, Artifactory, Bamboo or TeamCity.
- Knowledge of containers and container orchestration and virtualization technology , i.e: Kubernetes and VMware.
- Experience with multiple OS environments - Linux, Windows, Mac OSX, various Unix flavors.
- Excellent follow up and communication skills. Ability to keep things conversational and organized while getting things done.
- Experience with multiple build tools - Bazel, GCC, Visual Studio, Make.
- Experience in managing the CI/CD lifecycle in a cloud environment, GCP, Azure and AWS, familiar with deployment and provisioning tools such as Ansible, Puppet.
- Experience in managing Jenkins 2.0 pipeline as code, Jenkins configuration, setup and plugins
Rubrik is one of the fastest-growing companies in Silicon Valley, revolutionizing data protection, and management in the emerging multi-cloud world. We are the leader in cloud data management, delivering a single platform to manage and protect data in the cloud, at the edge, and on-premises. Enterprises choose Rubrik to simplify backup and recovery, accelerate cloud adoption, enable automation at scale, and secure against cyberthreats. We’ve been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company two years in a row and as a LinkedIn Top 10 startup.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply For This Job