Senior or Staff Software Engineer - Disaster Recovery in Cloud
About the team:
Cloud Instantiation is a critical infrastructure which enables Rubrik customers to harness the power of cloud for a variety of use cases like DR-to-cloud, dev-test in cloud, using cloud to augment capacity during peak time etc.
At its core, it provides the ability to spin up virtual machines in the cloud, based on snapshots of virtual machine infrastructure which is deployed in the data center.This requires technology to continuously convert snapshots as they flow into the cloud and be ready to spin up individual instances or entire application recipes consisting of a collection of instances.
Being part of this team, you will have the opportunity to explore and harness new technologies which can make the process extremely fast and cost effective for Rubrik customers. This core technology will be fundamental to enabling DR-to-cloud solutions using which customers would be able to move entire workloads to the cloud at the click of a button. Hence performance is a very important ingredient, along with cost efficiency.
This is one of the fastest growing areas in the Rubrik portfolio and offers very good challenges and opportunities to those who are ready for it.
About the job:
As an engineer on the project, you will be responsible for:
- Designing and developing cutting-edge solutions for highly performant and cost effective conversion
- Explore the latest technologies which are provided by the most popular cloud computing vendors and harness them in the Rubrik solution
- Identifying limitations in existing solutions and improving them
- Working with the support organization to provide a world-class support experience to customers
- Nurturing a team culture which sets high standards and achieves them through collaboration
As an ideal candidate, you have:
- A Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Computer Science
- 6-10 years of software development experience in building highly scalable and performant systems
- Experience and deep understanding of cloud computing platforms (Azure and/or AWS) and virtualization technologies (ESX, Hyper-v)
- Track record of leading and delivering software projects end-to-end, from abstract problem definition to requirements and delivery
- Track record of successful collaboration with multiple stakeholders across different functions
- Proficiency in one or more general-purpose programming languages like Java, Python, Scala, C/C++
Rubrik is one of the fastest growing companies in Silicon Valley, revolutionizing data protection and management in the emerging multi-cloud world. We are the leader in cloud data management, delivering a single platform to manage and protect data in the cloud, at the edge, and on-premises. Enterprises choose Rubrik to simplify backup and recovery, accelerate cloud adoption, enable automation at scale, and secure against cyberthreats. We’ve been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company two years in a row and as a LinkedIn Top 10 startup.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply For This Job