Rubrik is creating the cloud data management space. We make it easy for businesses to protect, search, secure, and analyze all of their data simply and scalably. As cloud adoption continues to grow at an astounding rate, we’ll be solving some of its most interesting challenges while building a product unlike anything seen before. This is a massive challenge and we’re just getting started so there is a lot of opportunity for personal growth and contribution.
Information Security - Who We Are
The Information Security (InfoSec) organization advances the overall state of security at Rubrik through critical initiatives and coordination of large security projects. Information Security builds technologies, tools, and processes to better enable teams at Rubrik to develop secure software and protect data and systems with appropriate security controls. Information Security also develops systems to monitor and respond to attacks against our systems, provides awareness education to teams on security best practices for data protection, and ensures data sharing relationships with third parties in order to securely protect Rubrik information.
What You’ll Do
We are looking for a senior information security risk and compliance analyst to be a part of our security risk management team, which focuses on building and supporting a security risk oversight function. Help us elevate and accelerate the maturity of our risk management and compliance capabilities by leading prioritized activities related to our security risk management strategy. The successful candidate will need to build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships across the company. To achieve this you must have excellent leadership, communication, and decision making skills.
- Gather security risk data, perform risk ranking qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Analyze security risks using real-world security data and systems automation.
- Frequently document and communicate security risks, collaborating with a range of stakeholders from individual contributors to senior leadership levels.
- Contribute to security program development by identifying new or emerging opportunities to apply security principles and technologies.
- Analyze the security of new or existing applications, software, or specialized utility programs and provide risk recommendation.
- Support strategic and technical initiatives, perform Operational Risk Assessments, manage Risk Acceptance activities, develop risk posture and remediation recommendations.
- Monitor and evaluate security measures to protect against reasonably anticipated threats or hazards to the privacy, security or integrity of protected information.
- Be an integral member of the risk and compliance team to build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships across the company to aid in achieving consensus, expectation setting, training and awareness, and promote consistency and improvement in our processes.
- Contribute to the production and improvement of the content, quality, and timing of security governance, risk and compliance analysis and reporting.
- Own and drive activities related to the remediation of technical security and compliance risks with cross-functional teams, including, but not limited to, leading meetings, working to assign, track work items, and producing reports.
- 5+ years of related work experience in Information Security Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) or relevant Compliance roles in the tech industry.
- Have driven several security and/or operational risk processes within a company with a modern risk oversight function.
- Experience supervising the design and operation of risk & control assessments to target different levels of information (e.g., RCSA vs. a service level assessment).
- Experience with risk registers and helping prioritize security related work.
- Can implement a solution (design), operational plan, and roadmap to achieve goals.
- Experience implementing agile use cases in a GRC technology solution.
- Executive presence: can represent a vision and build consensus across a variety of partners.
- Knows how to estimate work effort and incubate skill sets to achieve team goals.
- Has advanced knowledge of common security risks, vulnerabilities, and threats and can escort these issues through triage / risk treatment conversations.
- Validated understanding of relevant information security frameworks, including related regulatory compliance requirements, such as ISO 27001/2 (including ISO 27017 & 18), FedRAMP, SOC 2 Trust Services Criteria, CIS Top 20, PCI DSS, NIST CSF / 800-53, HIPAA.
- Strong knowledge of audit and risk management methodologies, such as SOX, COBIT, NIST RMF / 800-37 / 800-30.
- Strong understanding of risk quantification principles and experiencing implementing FAIR-like approach for quantifying and reporting risks.
- Hands-on experience with data analytics and business intelligence dashboarding tools (e.g., Power BI) and with agile project management tools (e.g., Jira).
- Detail-oriented and able to understand the bigger picture by using your technical expertise and problem solving abilities to prioritize and manage blocking issues.
- Ability to ramp up quickly and learn new technologies with minimal lag time.
- Able to discuss issues at technical and business levels with audiences of various backgrounds.
- Experience in a high growth business environment is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Security, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field preferred.
- SaaS and data management industry experience is a plus.
- Professional certifications in Information Security or Risk Management (e.g., CISA, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, CSX-P, CISSP, CCSK) is a plus.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply For This Job