An Ultimate Guide to Rapid Ransomware Recovery and Cyber Resiliency
Learn the value of integrating cyber resiliency into your organization and get the eBook to begin building your recovery strategy.
Cyber Resiliency in a Nutshell
Are You Prepared for a Ransomware Attack?
Ransomware is growing fast. It’s a big business whose attacks are growing more sophisticated, frequent, and complex to detect and recover from. Cyber-attacks have costly implications for businesses of all sizes. The extensive damage organizations face upon falling victim to a data breach can cause significant operational downtime, costly mitigation and recovery, sensitive data loss, reputational damage, and legal consequences. With this growing threat, the ability to quickly recover and maintain business continuity becomes critical to surviving cyber attacks and minimizing data loss.
- How much downtime can your business withstand?
- Is your backup data immutable and instantly accessible?
- Do you test and evolve your backup and recovery procedures?
- What's your ransomware recovery strategy?
The Challenges of Instant Recovery from Cyber Attacks
The biggest pain for most ransomware victims is recovery. Often, organizations rely on complex, multi-step restores that are error-prone and inefficient, ultimately leading to more downtime. The longer a recovery takes, the more impact the attack has on revenue, employee productivity, and customer loyalty.
Even in the event of a data breach, it should be easy to identify and restore to the most recent clean version of your data--whether you need to do a full or partial system restore--and avoid business closure or critical system failures. An organization’s best recourse is to prepare for a cyber attack with a solution that detects and alerts on threats and enables instant recovery from immutable backups.
6 Steps to Achieve Cyber Resiliency
- Evaluate your organization’s existing infrastructure by determining its existing vulnerabilities, where the data is stored, and the accessibility of its data.
- Have a backup and recovery plan with response actions listed and responsibilities assigned to team members.
- Define your recovery time objectives (RTO) and determine your recovery point objectives (RPO).
- Research and acquire tools to protect your organization such as Cloud Data Management platforms to reduce costs and save valuable time.
- Consider critical features of a ransomware remediation plan that maintains business continuity such as granular file recovery, instant data access, and native immutability.
- Regularly test data recovery processes to be prepared for an actual incident.
When we were hit by ransomware a few years ago, we leveraged Rubrik’s fast recovery and APIs to recover in under an hour with zero data loss. Today, ransomware is much more sophisticated than it was a few years ago. With Radar, we could leverage its data intelligence to alert us on suspicious behavior and better understand what was impacted at a granular level.Matthew Day
A Solution is Needed for Rapid Recovery
The best defense is prevention, but in the event that ransomware evades your prevention measures, minimize your risk by choosing a backup solution with built-in immutability, granular impact assessment, and rapid recovery.
Download the ransomware remediation guide to dive deeper into a comprehensive backup and recovery solution and learn how to build an effective ransomware remediation plan to ensure you can quickly respond to a cyber attack without paying any ransom.