About Team & About Role:
VMware and Windows are the most widely used data protection and management services in Rubrik. You and the team's work will make a huge impact for our customers and for Rubrik as we are building a world class data management platform to help manage and protect customer data on hypervisor and host.
You will be part of a dynamic team that is solving the toughest engineering problems in building large scale distributed systems that are serving both cloud and on-prem protection. In your day-to-day work, you will leverage your past experience in developing large software systems to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve Rubrik’s products. You will have the opportunity to manage and drive large projects end to end with your technical expertise. To be successful in the role, one will need to be self motivated and be able to work independently or partner closely with other engineers on a project. This person will work alongside a diverse team of engineers that all bring a unique perspective to Rubrik. In addition this role provides great opportunities for personal growth as well as the support for professional development.
What You’ll Do:
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Full stack ownership including design, implementation, and testing of new features protecting customers’ virtual machine / Windows host deployment in data centers and in the cloud
- Troubleshooting issues experienced by customers or internal product test, and providing remedic solutions
- Analyzing field and internal data, and develop product improvement
- You will collaborate with partner teams such as Product Management, Support
Experience You’ll Need:
You are passionate about working with complex distributed systems that serve business and enterprise customers:
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or in any related field
- 1-4 years of product development experience
- Ability to identify scalable and elegant solutions to complex problems
- Strong interest and ability to learn new technologies
- Proficient in Python, and either C++, Java, Go or Scala
- Full stack development experience is a plus
- Distributed systems design and development experience is preferred
- Experience with popular workload such as Virtual Machines is a bonus
Rubrik, the Zero Trust Data Security Company™, delivers data security and operational resilience for enterprises. Rubrik’s big idea is to provide data security and data protection on a single platform, including Zero Trust Data Protection, Ransomware Investigation, Incident Containment, Sensitive Data Discovery, and Orchestrated Application Recovery. This means your data is ready so you can recover the data you need, and avoid paying a ransom. Because when you secure your data, you secure your applications, and you secure your business.
We are a leader in data security, have been recognized as as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company, named as a LinkedIn Top 10 Startup and are proud to have earned Great Place to Work® Certification™. There has never been a more exciting time to join Rubrik, and our future is even brighter. The work you do will help propel our next chapter of growth as you do the best work of your career.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik:
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
- Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
- Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
- Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled: Rubrik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.