About Team & About Role:
The System Engineering team focuses on stress, scalability and solutions qualification of Rubrik products. This team’s mission is to design and execute complex mixed feature testing with focus on non-functional aspects, be it on-prem or public cloud. The team takes pride in breaking our product before it reaches our customers. We enjoy managing a complex infrastructure of physical and virtual clusters and data generation instances with tools & automation for alerting / telemetry at scale. If you enjoy dealing with distributed systems, curious to learn complex architecture, and love breaking it all using automated tooling & self-service manner, then come join us!
What You’ll Do:
- Ownership of a system test area and delivery of system testing for Rubrik products
- Work with product management and product engineering teams from the start of the development cycle to review PRD, design documents and test plan for quality and non-functional requirements
- Create system test strategy, test plans, execution and automation.
- Maintain test coverage, regression pipelines and drive test gap analysis/actions for assigned areas
- Go-to person for quality of one of more areas in tech stack while establishing technical leadership both within the team as well as with stakeholders in peer teams.
- Propose and drive initiatives to solve complex problems in areas like scalability testing, virtualization/databases/files protection, cloud archive / replication, quality processes etc.
- Coach and mentor other team members on the technical and project planning/execution front.
- Degree in computer science or in any related field
- 2+ years of experience in enterprise/distributed backend software testing and test automation preferably in a product dealing with tons of data.
- Experience with driving test life cycle (test planning, execution, automation) and release qualification
- Experience in programming using Python and/or other scripting languages
- Experience in non-functional testing like stress & scalability in system test
- Experience in design and setup of complex testbeds for non-functional testing like stress, scalability and/or longevity.
- Experience with Cloud platforms, GIT, Jenkins, ELK or similar, storage and data protection domain is a plus.
- Demonstrated leadership and made an impactful contribution to Quality & non-functional testing in prior organisations.
Rubrik, the Zero Trust Data Security Company™, delivers data security and operational resilience for enterprises. Rubrik’s big idea is to provide data security and data protection on a single platform, including Zero Trust Data Protection, Ransomware Investigation, Incident Containment, Sensitive Data Discovery, and Orchestrated Application Recovery. This means your data is ready so you can recover the data you need, and avoid paying a ransom. Because when you secure your data, you secure your applications, and you secure your business.
We are a leader in data security, have been recognized as as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company, named as a LinkedIn Top 10 Startup and are proud to have earned Great Place to Work® Certification™. There has never been a more exciting time to join Rubrik, and our future is even brighter. The work you do will help propel our next chapter of growth as you do the best work of your career.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik:
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
- Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
- Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
- Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled: Rubrik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.