Customer Experience Manager
Location: Tokyo, Japan
ABOUT THE TEAM
Rubrik Software Engineers are self-starters, driven, and can manage themselves. We believe in giving engineers responsibility, not tasks. Our goal is to motivate and challenge people to do their best work. To do that, we have a very fluid structure and give people flexibility to work on projects that they enjoy the most. This develops more capable engineers, and keeps everyone engaged and happy.
ABOUT THE JOB
Rubrik is currently looking for a Customer Experience Manager. The Customer Experience Manager is a key role within the Customer Support organization. This role is responsible for managing specific account(s) experience through strong relationship building and technical knowledge. Works as the primary point of contact, driver, and customer advocate for major projects, escalations and product enhancements while leveraging cross-functional relationships to maintain and enhance customer confidence in Rubrik as the leader in cloud data management. The position’s objective is to most effectively provide an industry leading customer experience for Rubrik customers in both a proactive and reactive manner.
What You’ll Do:
Become familiar with account background, key stakeholders, goals, requirements and expectations of Rubrik. Ensure timely responses & communications to provide a high degree of customer satisfaction and confidence in Rubrik.
- Be flexible, provide a tailored, comprehensive, focused and value driven customer experience.
- Responsible for the entire customer life cycle and journey, their touch points with Rubrik, and measures to ensure Rubrik footprint growth including on-boarding, first 90 day experience, training customers on how to engage support, file ideas, self-services, and navigate the support portal.
- Analyze customer's business & infrastructure requirements to suggest upgrades and ensure they align with Rubrik and industry standard best practices.
- Identifies proactive activities and drives continuous improvement from lessons learned and other processes to prevent escalations and keep the account(s) in good standing.
- Engages Support and Engineering teams as needed to ensure an optimal Rubrik experience while maintaining positive relationships with support and engineering teams.
- Manage account/case escalations, including customer and account team expectations around support.
- Create virtual cross-functional teams as needed to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Develop POC awareness with SE and Account directors and generate weekly reports for customer and support teams.
- Coordinate, craft and deliver/discuss Root Cause Analysis (RCA) documents on customer issues.
- Use CRM data to proactively identify accounts & issues that require a more focused approach to resolution.
- Passionate about Customers - Strong customer orientation being proactive and positive by nature
- Cross-Functional & Collaborative – Able to assemble and lead team initiatives/resources and to partner successfully with multiple teams and customers outside their direct influence including executive/senior management, cross-functional teams, internal customers, external partners, vendors, and end users.
- Analytic mind - able to quickly grasp & apply troubleshooting skills & problem-solving techniques
- Has proven experience with Escalation management, Proactive management, and Account management skills at the global IT Enterprise level.
- Able to multitask and work effectively under pressure and deadlines.
- Willing to work outside standard business hours when situations dictate.
- Has both technical and functional expertise with CRM systems (Salesforce preferred)
- Has excellent communications skills, including verbal, written, and presentation skills. Able to create and present clear, simple and succinct customer facing updates and root cause documents.
- Quickly understands the business issues and data challenges of global Customer Support organizations.
- 6+ years in support leadership, Escalation management and/or customer facing support technical roles/account management
- Strong technical background in Networking, Storage, Backup and Recovery, Cloud solutions (S3, Azure, Google), scale out solutions, and Hypervisors (VMware, Hyper-V, Nutanix AHV)
- Related BA/BS or advanced degree preferred.
- Able to travel to other locations and customer sites on occasion.
Rubrik, the Zero Trust Data Security Company™, delivers data security and operational resilience for enterprises. Rubrik’s big idea is to provide data security and data protection on a single platform, including Zero Trust Data Protection, Ransomware Investigation, Incident Containment, Sensitive Data Discovery, and Orchestrated Application Recovery. This means your data is ready so you can recover the data you need, and avoid paying a ransom. Because when you secure your data, you secure your applications, and you secure your business.
We are a leader in data security, have been recognized as as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company, named as a LinkedIn Top 10 Startup and are proud to have earned Great Place to Work® Certification™. There has never been a more exciting time to join Rubrik, and our future is even brighter. The work you do will help propel our next chapter of growth as you do the best work of your career.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik:
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
- Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
- Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
- Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled: Rubrik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at email@example.com if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.