ABOUT THE JOB
We are looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to join our team. We believe in giving engineers responsibility, not tasks. Our goal is to motivate and challenge people to do their best work. To do that, we have a very fluid structure and give people flexibility to work on projects that they enjoy the most. This develops more capable engineers, and keeps everyone engaged and happy.
What you will do:
- You will manage an experienced engineering team to help build out our NAS backup solution in the cloud
- You will work closely with product management on product definition and roadmap.
- You will coordinate, plan and help the team execute on this charter.
- You will hire, retain and help with growth of the team from managing their performance, providing feedback as well as nurturing a strong cohesive team spirit.
- You will work with teams across the entire Rubrik engineering organization, both on-premise and cloud-native.
- You will work with the teams on continuous improvement of our engineering practices to optimize engineering velocity and product quality.
Who you are:
- You are a highly motivated engineering leader who has demonstrated experiences in delivering impactful projects.
- You have deep technical expertise from your past experience as a development engineer.
- You can communicate effectively, both internally with stakeholders and externally with customers.
- You have done this before -- delivering quality project on time that delights customers
- You have built and grown highly effective teams.
- You care as much about code quality as you do about product quality.
- You understand computer science fundamentals as well as fallacies of distributed computing.It is an added bonus if you have either directly worked with or intuitively understand modern approaches to scalable and elastic application development, Network Attached Storage (NAS), various public cloud offerings (AWS/GCP/Azure), distributed messaging, caching and object stores.
Rubrik, the Zero Trust Data Security Company™, delivers data security and operational resilience for enterprises. Rubrik’s big idea is to provide data security and data protection on a single platform, including Zero Trust Data Protection, Ransomware Investigation, Incident Containment, Sensitive Data Discovery, and Orchestrated Application Recovery. This means your data is ready so you can recover the data you need, and avoid paying a ransom. Because when you secure your data, you secure your applications, and you secure your business.
We are a leader in data security, have been recognized as as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company, named as a LinkedIn Top 10 Startup and are proud to have earned Great Place to Work® Certification™. There has never been a more exciting time to join Rubrik, and our future is even brighter. The work you do will help propel our next chapter of growth as you do the best work of your career.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik:
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
- Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
- Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
- Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled: Rubrik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at email@example.com if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.