Site Reliability Engineers at Rubrik are systems/software engineers who ensure that Rubrik's infrastructure services run smoothly and have the capacity for future growth.
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will be responsible for:
● Manage and run backend systems like Kubernetes, MySQL and everything in between
● Drive reliability, availability and efficiency improvements to Rubrik's Polaris Cloud Platform
● Good mix of software and system engineering skills
● Participate on-call rotations across continents, using a follow-the-sun model
● Write and review code, plan and execute upgrades, develop documentation and capacity plans, and debug production issues
● Work cross-functionally with various engineering teams
● Build monitoring tools and automation to increase efficiency of all teams
● Drive blameless postmortems and operations reviews for core systems and services
● Drive FedRamp Certification process
● Good written and verbal communication skills
Experience You'll Need:
● BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
● Experience in one or more of the following: Golang, Python, Java, Scala, C++
● Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive
● Expertise in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
● Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks
● Strong operational experience with Unix/Linux operating systems and networking
● Experience with Google Cloud Platform or other public cloud technologies
● Minimum 3-5 years of experience as a Development, DevOps or Site Reliability Engineer
● Willing to provide 24/7 coverage
● Strong Documentation skills
● Experience working with multiple departments and divisions within an organization
● Strong understanding of Databases is a definite plus
● Experience leading support personnel
● Experience with FedRAMP certification is strongly desired
Due to the criteria and security levels for Rubrik’s FedRAMP program, this position will require the following:
• U.S. citizenship at the time of hire.
• Residence within the contiguous United States (i.e., the lower 48 states and the District of Columbia); and
• Willingness to undergo a Single Source Background Investigation if required.
Rubrik, the Zero Trust Data Security Company™, delivers data security and operational resilience for enterprises. Rubrik’s big idea is to provide data security and data protection on a single platform, including Zero Trust Data Protection, Ransomware Investigation, Incident Containment, Sensitive Data Discovery, and Orchestrated Application Recovery. This means your data is ready so you can recover the data you need, and avoid paying a ransom. Because when you secure your data, you secure your applications, and you secure your business.
We are a leader in data security, have been recognized as as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company, named as a LinkedIn Top 10 Startup and are proud to have earned Great Place to Work® Certification™. There has never been a more exciting time to join Rubrik, and our future is even brighter. The work you do will help propel our next chapter of growth as you do the best work of your career.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik:
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
- Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
- Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
- Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled: Rubrik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at email@example.com if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.