About Team & About Role:
Rubrik is looking for an experienced Engineering Program Manager (EPM) to join our team. The EPM is responsible for planning, management and execution of several major technical programs concurrently for the Engineering Organization across our portfolio of cloud data management products.
Open to Remote in PST time zone.
The qualified candidate will not only have strong technical program management experience, but also experience with process development and implementation in a SaaS and Agile environment. You will be the point person for clarifying project level goals and outlining the execution plans to achieve them. You are not only able to develop and drive strategic initiatives, but can also dig in, and get the job done employing both a strategic and tactical approach which is a requirement for this role.
The EPM must be capable of juggling multiple concurrent, and often conflicting, priorities; achieving results through logic, communication, business judgment and personal relationships; and ultimately delivering products of the highest quality.
Experience You’ll Need:
- Strong working knowledge of Agile product development methodologies
- Familiarity with product development methods, tools and processes
- Ability to decompose complex problems, grasp the core issues and lead cross-organizational resolution
- Ability to understand technical components to be able to effectively manage projects and programs
- Ability to perform effectively in a startup or loosely structured environment
- Creative problem solving skills, negotiation skills, effective interaction with senior management
- 5+ years of engineering program or project management experience
- 3+ years of successfully implementing and managing SaaS product development programs, strong knowledge of the SaaS product development lifecycle
- Capable of strong individual contribution and influence across non-direct reporting teams
- Proven track record of managing large-scale, complex, cross functional technical initiatives
- Detail-oriented and able to understand the bigger picture by using your technical expertise and problem solving abilities to prioritize and manage blocking issues
- Software product development and release management experience for SaaS enterprise software
- Ability to ramp up quickly and learn new technologies with minimal lag time
- Hands-on experience with Jira
- Bachelor’s degree or above in engineering or another technical field
- Experience in a high growth business environment
Rubrik, the Zero Trust Data Security Company™, delivers data security and operational resilience for enterprises. Rubrik’s big idea is to provide data security and data protection on a single platform, including Zero Trust Data Protection, Ransomware Investigation, Incident Containment, Sensitive Data Discovery, and Orchestrated Application Recovery. This means your data is ready so you can recover the data you need, and avoid paying a ransom. Because when you secure your data, you secure your applications, and you secure your business.
We are a leader in data security, have been recognized as as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company, named as a LinkedIn Top 10 Startup and are proud to have earned Great Place to Work® Certification™. There has never been a more exciting time to join Rubrik, and our future is even brighter. The work you do will help propel our next chapter of growth as you do the best work of your career.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik:
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
- Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
- Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
- Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled: Rubrik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at email@example.com if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.