Customer Support Manager
Location: Bangalore, India
Shift - EST
The Customer Support Manager is responsible for all aspects of customer post-sales support to our APAC, EMEA and NA based customers and partners. Secondarily, the Bangalore support team is responsible for handling support requests using the follow-the-sun model in APAC region and provide support for other geographies such as EMEA and Americas requesting assistance. As a Support Manager, your passion for exceeding customer expectations will flourish as you lead a team of high caliber Support Engineers in delivering exceptional customer experience to our global customer base. You will be responsible for the management, professional growth and development of the team. As a key member of the leadership team you are also responsible for delighting our customers, developing excellent staff and achieving both tactical and strategic business development objectives. This role requires a high level of professional communication to all stakeholders.
The Manager of Customer Support is also responsible for short and long-term performance management of his/her direct reports, including managing individual operational indicators, written performance reviews, and career planning.
• Manage the business and operational excellence of our customer support organization
• Implement the service delivery strategy defined by the organization.
• Ensure that quality and service delivery standards are met and exceeded
• Collaborate with other organizations such as Sales, Marketing, Operations, Engineering, QA, and IT to improve overall customer satisfaction objectives
• Manage the support operations and performance activities, customer satisfaction
• Drive operational improvements as it relates to customer satisfaction
• Represent the Services functions as necessary on product teams and in various other Rubrik decision-making forums
• Evaluate and develop staff
• Manages the activities of a group/department of technical support engineers and leads
• responsible for providing remote technical support to resolving customer issues
• Closely monitoring top support issues after product launch, identifying gaps across all Support tiers worldwide in support tools / resources needed to better support new features.
• Ability to identify support tasks that can be automated
• Collect and analyze support center metrics to guide decisions about product and support quality
• Handle escalations, initiate conference calls, drive escalations to positive closure by providing timely status update all the stakeholders
• Set Goals (KPI) and Review team performance daily, weekly, quarterly and half yearly
• Experience with phone home and proactive support best practices
Education & Experience:
• A Bachelor’s degree in any discipline
• At least 7-10 years of experience working in technical customer support organizations.
• At least 3 years’ experience as a people manager in support organizations, including a proven track record of hiring and mentoring employees.
• Excellent written & verbal communication skills
• Planning, Decision Making, Staffing, Process Improvement
• Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
• Should ensure a high level of quality in process deliverables
• Self-driven, proactive, hardworking, team-player with a good sense of humour
• Should be open to work in any shift timing
Rubrik, the Zero Trust Data Security Company™, delivers data security and operational resilience for enterprises. Rubrik’s big idea is to provide data security and data protection on a single platform, including Zero Trust Data Protection, Ransomware Investigation, Incident Containment, Sensitive Data Discovery, and Orchestrated Application Recovery. This means your data is ready so you can recover the data you need, and avoid paying a ransom. Because when you secure your data, you secure your applications, and you secure your business.
We are a leader in data security, have been recognized as as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company, named as a LinkedIn Top 10 Startup and are proud to have earned Great Place to Work® Certification™. There has never been a more exciting time to join Rubrik, and our future is even brighter. The work you do will help propel our next chapter of growth as you do the best work of your career.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik:
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
- Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
- Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
- Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled: Rubrik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.