ABOUT THE TEAM
This is a team responsible for designing and building the future of Rubrik’s cloud data protection products. We play an important role and are at the forefront of Rubrik’s vision and strategy of becoming a data security company.
We value a diverse and inclusive team and work hard to achieve that and to ensure everyone has great opportunities for growth and a fulfilling job. Collaboration, selflessness, strong communication and respect for others is required.
ABOUT THE JOB
- You will lead the design and build complex systems to shape Rubrik’s security products, a strategic bet of the company with explosive growth potential.
- You will contribute to Rubrik’s platform, a unique approach to SaaS products that enables “Hybrid SaaS”, which include both on-premise software and cloud services.
- You will manage a full stack team of talented engineers working on UI, API and backend using React, Go, Scala, C++ and Google Cloud Platform.
- You will own the product end-to-end, from working on product requirements with internal stakeholders, to building, testing, deploying and managing the deployments.
- You will develop and execute roadmaps and tactical plans.
- You will collaborate with other engineering teams to plan and execute large scale projects with a large degree of uncertainty and significant amount of dependencies.
- You will impact and lead wider teams and participate in cross-organizational efforts.
- You will spend a significant portion of your time mentoring and growing your engineering team. You will be expected to help each individual and the team grow, to improve its culture, processes and productivity.
- You hold a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field with a minimum of 8+ years of prior experience in a software engineering role.
- You have 3+ years of proven experience managing full stack teams, solving difficult problems and delivering large date driven projects successfully, and mentoring and growing both junior engineers and technical leads.
- You have a proven record of hiring a large number of quality engineers rapidly and ramping up new hires while keeping the team productive.
- You have a proven track record of building healthy team culture and psychological safety, installing/refining proper processes to improve and protect team’s productivity and quality.
- You have experience building distributed systems and working with cloud technologies such as Kubernetes, gRPC, message queues and object-stores.
- You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and you know how to solve problems with limited resources and time and iteratively improve those solutions over time.
Rubrik, the Zero Trust Data Security Company™, delivers data security and operational resilience for enterprises. Rubrik’s big idea is to provide data security and data protection on a single platform, including Zero Trust Data Protection, Ransomware Investigation, Incident Containment, Sensitive Data Discovery, and Orchestrated Application Recovery. This means your data is ready so you can recover the data you need, and avoid paying a ransom. Because when you secure your data, you secure your applications, and you secure your business.
We are a leader in data security, have been recognized as as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company, named as a LinkedIn Top 10 Startup and are proud to have earned Great Place to Work® Certification™. There has never been a more exciting time to join Rubrik, and our future is even brighter. The work you do will help propel our next chapter of growth as you do the best work of your career.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik:
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
- Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
- Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
- Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled: Rubrik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.