Technical Editor (DITA)
Location: US - Remote: PST or CST
About the Job
Rubrik seeks an experienced technical editor who enjoys working with writers to produce best-in class documentation. As a member of our technical publications team, you will help writers create documentation that spans a broad range of pioneering technologies. You will also be involved in creating and updating Rubrik-specific styles and standards and will contribute to continuous improvement of our technical writing and editing process. You will also provide valuable insight for the information strategies that help Rubrik continue to innovate in the cloud space.
You have a keen eye for details and a passion for working with writers, engineers, designers, architects, and product managers to create the best software and hardware product documentation. You are adept at editing technical content for clarity, punctuation, grammar, content, and structure. You enjoy collaborating with writers in the production of technical content that provides customers with the absolute best experience.
The following traits are a natural part of how you approach your job:
- Broad and deep knowledge of English grammar, including word types, syntax, punctuation, and jargon.
- Confident and comfortable communicating with writers about specific editorial decisions.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Eager to provide training and work closely with other editors and members of the writing team to ensure consistency in voice, style, and presentation.
- Willing to accept responsibility for the documentation part of the user experience.
At a minimum, your ideal background includes:
- BA degree in Technical Writing, English, Journalism, a related writing-oriented field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of experience writing and editing technical content.
- Experience writing and editing public cloud documentation.
- Skill using Oxygen XML Author or a similar product to work with DITA/XML source.
- Ability to manage content and perform editing tasks using Git and GitHub.
About the team
We strongly recognize the importance of high-quality customer documentation for overall customer satisfaction. We continuously strive to innovate and improve our knowledge, methodologies, and tools so that each publication is better than the last. Along the way we like to explore novel ideas, have fun, and help each other to improve.
Rubrik, the Zero Trust Data Security Company™, delivers data security and operational resilience for enterprises. Rubrik’s big idea is to provide data security and data protection on a single platform, including Zero Trust Data Protection, Ransomware Investigation, Incident Containment, Sensitive Data Discovery, and Orchestrated Application Recovery. This means your data is ready so you can recover the data you need, and avoid paying a ransom. Because when you secure your data, you secure your applications, and you secure your business.
We are a leader in data security, have been recognized as as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company, named as a LinkedIn Top 10 Startup and are proud to have earned Great Place to Work® Certification™. There has never been a more exciting time to join Rubrik, and our future is even brighter. The work you do will help propel our next chapter of growth as you do the best work of your career.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik:
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
- Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
- Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
- Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled: Rubrik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.