15-year veteran of the storage industry, born and raised in Southern California, passionate about helping to solve his customer’s business challenges through the use of technology.
- You’ve had the same backup system in place for the last 10 years and even though you hate it, you hate innovation even more.
- You believe the public cloud is just a fad so why would you ever want to store instantly recoverable copies of your backups there for pennies per gigabyte?
- You look forward to your annual contract negotiations with your legacy vendors.
- Zero time restores, granular recovery to the file level, and Google-like predictive search? Boring…
- You enjoy busy work… checking and re-starting failed backup jobs, clicking thirty times to kick off a re-store, manually browsing snapshots for files.
- You have an affinity for tape and can’t imagine your life without it.
- You believe the words sexy and back-up never belong in the same sentence, unless it’s in a Justin Timberlake song.
- You’re a big fan of complexity and have no interest in deploying a backup solution in the same amount of time it takes you to make a cup of coffee (no PS & no training necessary).
- You find the idea of being able to dynamically set SLA’s to your VM’s across both private and public clouds absolutely terrifying.
- You have no desire to solve your application stun problem because you think it makes your job more interesting.
And oh by the way, did I mention that Rubrik is half the cost of traditional backup?
Don’t Backup. Go Forward.
See the original post here.