Rubrik is one of the fastest growing companies in Silicon Valley, revolutionising data protection and management in the emerging multi-cloud world. We are the leader in cloud data management and have raised over $553 million in venture funding, most recently at a valuation of $3.3 billion. Rubrik has been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company two years in a row and as a LinkedIn Top 10 startup. As cloud adoption continues to grow at an astounding rate, we’ll be solving some of its most interesting challenges while building a product unlike anything seen before. This is a massive challenge and we’re just getting started so there is a lot of opportunity for personal growth and contribution.
Information Security - Who We Are
The Information Security organisation advances the overall state of security at Rubrik through critical initiatives and coordination of large security projects. Information Security builds technologies, tools, and processes to better enable teams at Rubrik to develop secure software and protect data and systems with appropriate security controls. Information Security also develops systems to monitor and respond to attacks against our assets, provides awareness education to teams on security best practices for data protection, and ensures data governance and data sharing relationships with third parties in order to securely protect Rubrik information.
Where can you make an impact?
Rubrik is seeking creative problem solvers with a passion for cyber security. In this role you will partner with all parts of the business to manage and maintain security solutions that help secure the brand and protect the organization, company and customer environments. You will be responsible for executing security engineering programs and managing security technologies across the board. The ideal candidate for this role is someone who can build innovative ways to deliver frictionless security capabilities to enhance the security posture of the organisation.
What you'll be doing:
- Manage the availability, capacity and configuration of InfoSec’s mission critical applications and services
- Define, measure and monitor SLAs & SLOs for systems and services with the objective of achieving and exceeding availability and reliability goals
- Manage and streamline monitoring systems to enhance observability and enable proactive identification of issues.
- Coordinate and manage incidents, upgrades and changes for InfoSec’s applications and services
- Drive post-incident analysis with partner teams and/or vendors to identify root cause and ensure preventative measures are implemented promptly
- Manage a scalable and highly available solution for security logging and drive efforts of logging onboarding for increased security visibility
- Perform Production Readiness Assessments for new services to identify reliability needs and surface potential gaps
- Develop and maintain documentation and runbooks to reduce MTTR
Experience you'll need:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- 6+ years experience in site reliability engineering, deploying, managing and troubleshooting security systems across the stack (on-prem and cloud)
- Strong operational mindset focused on availability, reliability, performance and continuous improvement of systems and services
- Operational knowledge of Linux and Windows systems
- Experience with Terraform, Ansible, Vault, Prometheus, Grafana and Github
- Proficiency in any scripting language (Python, PowerShell, Perl, Ruby, shell, etc.)
- Working experience in GCP, AWS or Azure
- Experience collaborating with internal customers to establish strong requirements, prioritize work based on outcomes that drive operational effectiveness
- Security certifications are a plus (CISSP, CISM, SANS certs, vendor certs, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, etc), microservices and CI/CD pipelines
Rubrik is on a mission to secure the world’s data. With Zero Trust Data Security™, Rubrik helps organizations achieve business resilience against cyberattacks, malicious insiders, and operational disruptions. Rubrik Security Cloud, powered by machine learning, secures data across enterprise, cloud, and SaaS applications. Rubrik helps organizations uphold data integrity, deliver data availability that withstands adverse conditions, continuously monitor data risks and threats, and restore businesses with their data when infrastructure is attacked.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Rubrik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Apply For This Job