About the Role:
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for the design, development, testing, deployment, and management of cloud infrastructure directed by the support engineering team. The infrastructure supports SaaS-based big data analytics and machine learning services, developed in-house at Rubrik.
The infrastructure stack incorporates physical hardware (colo), cloud-based virtual machines, and container management services (Kubernetes). Management is predominantly through Terraform and Ansible, leveraging Helm-based configurations for service management in Kubernetes.
Services under management on this stack include those of typical big data services, including message brokers, in-memory caches, SQL, no-SQL, and time-series databases. In addition to these, the environment hosts monolithic python applications (leveraging the Django framework) and various microservices developed by Rubrik.
Role and Responsibility
You will be responsible for service delivery, reliability, scalability, monitoring (observability), and defining playbooks supporting immutable infrastructure-as-code. In support of this, a successful candidate should be able to:
- Deploy and maintain critical applications in cloud-native and microservice infrastructure.
- Design, establish and maintain continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) pipelines for existing and new services.
- Collaborate with Engineering and IT Operations teams on improving automation of workflows, infrastructure, testing, and deployment.
- Identify systems that will benefit from automation, monitoring, and infrastructure-as-code, developing plans to deploy and scale them accordingly.
- Brainstorm new products, enhancements, and solutions that continuously challenge and improve products, performance, system/data backup, security, and user experience.
- Remain up-to-date on industry trends, promote knowledge sharing among teams, abiding by industry best practices for configuration management and automation
- Share on-call responsibilities (in rotation) with members of the devops team
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field.
- 2-3 years of professional experience in a devops or systems engineering role.
- 2-3 years of professional experience with Linux and GitHub.
- 2-3 years of professional experience with Amazon Web Services
(including IAM, EC2, VPC, ELB, ALB, EKS, Autoscaling, and S3).
- Prior experience with Jenkins, GitHub Actions, or similar CI/CD tools.
- Prior experience with Terraform, Ansible, or similar infrastructure-as-code tools.
- Prior experience with Grafana, Prometheus, AlertManager, ELK/ElastaAlert, or similar monitoring tools.
- Prior experience with NoSQL, SQL, time-series, and in-memory database systems (ElasticSearch, Redis, Graphite, InfluxDB, OpenTSDB, CockroachDB, Snowflake, Redshift)
- Prior experience with Nginx, uwsgi, Celery, RabbitMQ software.
- Prior experience with Docker, Kubernetes/EKS, or similar cluster-enabled container services.
- Experience developing in Bash, Python, or similar scripting languages.
- Experience developing in Go, c++, or similar programming languages.
- Knowledge of IP networking, understanding the OSI L7 model, routing, firewalling, NAT, subnetting, VPC/VLAN, and VPNs in cloud environments (AWS, GCP).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Apply For This Job