ViaWest and Rubrik Partner for Simplified Data Protection, Backup and Recovery in Sophisticated Hybrid IT Deployments
Partner Solution Being Demoed at VMworld 2016 in Las Vegas
Denver, CO and Palo Alto, CA – August 25, 2016 – ViaWest, a leading provider of Hybrid IT Solutions and Colocation in North America, and Rubrik, the world’s first Cloud Data Management company, today announced a partnership that will enable ViaWest to deploy Rubrik’s data management platform to ViaWest clients. By deploying Rubrik as part of ViaWest’s comprehensive Hybrid IT Solutions, customers will be able to simplify their data protection and speed their time to recovery, all through a seamless integration.
“ViaWest is continually seeking out advanced technologies that will provide our clients with the best Hybrid IT Solutions available,” said Andrew Hodes, vice president of development at ViaWest. “With security and recovery at the top of organizations’ priority list this year, we’re excited to be able to partner with Rubrik to deliver even more sophisticated data protection and backup to clients that rely on our cutting edge infrastructure and solutions.”
Key benefits for clients deploying Rubrik with ViaWest include:
- Infrastructure Simplicity – Rubrik’s approach to data protection takes multi-tier, legacy architectures and converges them into a scale out appliance that provides immediate return on capital expenditure.
- Rapid Deployment – Implementation of the solution takes minutes rather than months. Once the solution is deployed, daily administration can be reduced from hours to minutes, and recovery takes seconds rather than days, dramatically reducing operational expenditure.
- Enhanced Recovery – With Rubrik, data can be recovered or made accessible to applications in near real time, regardless of where it is stored.
- Streamlined Management – Administrators are able to automate and orchestrate data seamlessly throughout the hybrid cloud. An API-first architecture offers unprecedented ease of automation for integration into existing applications or tools.
- Reliable Security – Data owners can rely on Rubrik for role based access controls, audit trails and security for data in-flight and at rest. Rubrik also offers FIPS 140 Level 2 security for physical security.
“Rubrik’s Cloud Data Management platform radically simplifies Data Protection while managing and securing data across hybrid cloud environments,” said Bipul Sinha, CEO of Rubrik. “We share ViaWest’s vision to bring cloud to the enterprise, and are excited to be part of ViaWest’s standard Hybrid IT Solution.”
ViaWest’s Hybrid IT Solutions help clients enhance their business through cloud, colocation, security and consulting services. Delivering a host of data security, compliance, backup and disaster recovery solutions, ViaWest is committed to ensuring clients are fully protected and able to continue business operations in the event of an incident. Its disaster recovery engagement model includes design, management and support for recovery efforts based on the client’s specific and unique infrastructure, application set and business requirements.
Rubrik and ViaWest will be providing demos of the Rubrik solution at VMworld 2016, taking place August 28 – September 1 at the Mandalay Bay Hotel & Convention Center in Las Vegas. Attendees interested in a demo or more information about the solution can schedule a briefing at:
http://buff.ly/2bEnU3L or visit the Rubrik booth #1131.
ViaWest is a leading Hybrid IT Solutions provider offering cloud, colocation, compliance services and security solutions, and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Shaw Communications Inc. (NYSE: SJR). With more than 17 years of experience, 30 North American data centers and multiple cloud nodes, ViaWest offers IT and infrastructure solutions that solve business challenges while balancing cost, scalability and security requirements. ViaWest delivers tailored solutions designed for maximum reliability and flexibility backed by our 100% uptime commitment.
Rubrik has developed the world’s first Cloud Data Management platform for data protection, search, analytics, archival and copy data management for hybrid cloud enterprises. Fortune 500 companies use Rubrik to manage data at scale while realizing data-driven services anytime, anywhere. Rubrik has been named to Gartner’s Cool Vendors in Storage Technologies, 2016. For more information, visit http://www.rubrik.com and follow @rubrikInc on Twitter.