Under the Hood - How Rubrik Datos IO Works
Rubrik Datos IO is a new type of data protection software, built specifically for the world of cloud-native applications and distributed systems. Its Consistent Orchestrated Distributed Recovery (CODR) engine enables application-consistent backups, recovery across topologies and clouds, and data deduplication that can cut TCO by up to 70%.
CODR, the Consistent Orchestrated Distributed Recovery Engine, is the "secret sauce" in Rubrik Datos IO. CODR works behind the scenes to achieve two key goals: application-consistent data protection and industry-first NoSQL deduplication.
- CODR coordinates how Rubrik Datos IO handles backup and recovery of eventually-consistent, distributed databases.
- This includes ultralight NoSQL Service Managers, a distributed policy engine, a distributed metadata store and a storage federation layer.
- CODR can run anywhere – in the public cloud or in a hybrid cloud environment.
- Under most configurations, NoSQL databases share multiple copies of the same data across many nodes.
- For a sample Cassandra cluster with replication factor set to three, each row is stored on three nodes.
- CODR deduplicates these key-value pairings, ensuing that you have a single, golden, application-consistent copy of your data – reducing storage footprint by up to 80%.