Rubrik is one of the fastest growing companies in Silicon Valley, revolutionizing data protection and management in the emerging multi-cloud IT industry. Recently a Top 10 of the Forbes Cloud 100 and in the LinkedIn Top Companies list for 2020, our mission is to unlock the power of data by organizing and protecting the world's business information by building a forward-thinking, design-oriented brand that impacts the perception of user interface and experience in enterprise.
We aren’t shy about crafting products to solve problems no-one has tackled or thought about before by defining the industry, instead of waiting for directions. Rubrik is the world's first platform to orchestrate data for hybrid cloud enterprises anytime, anywhere. We blend future-proof architecture with consumer-grade simplicity to pioneer a fresh approach to an old problem.
Our focus is on the people that can produce extraordinary results. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity and excited by the prospect of a challenge. Bottom line, if you have a limitless drive and like to win, we want to talk to you!
We are searching for a Vice President of Corporate Communications. Reporting to the President; this position will work cross-functionally with Rubrik’s business leaders and partner closely with C-Suite and Board members to help communicate Rubrik’s corporate identity, messaging and mission to the market, journalists and other thought leaders. The Vice President of Corporate Communications is a senior member of the executive staff, responsible for spearheading the development of a holistic communication strategy and campaigns to elevate the Rubrik brand and product positioning. Key functions will include executive communications, public relations, crisis management, corporate social responsibility, internal communications and cultural development.
- Work with Corporate Communications teams, Reputation Management and regional communication leads to undertake creative, thoughtful and impactful proactive communications activities to promote Rubrik’s corporate narrative and strengthen the company’s brand and corporate reputation
- Serve as the company’s corporate spokesperson (as appropriate) and provide informed and accurate background briefings to top-tier media.
- Lead Rubrik’s global corporate media engagement. Guide media relation to build, maintain and track relationships with relevant global, regional and U.S. business and financial media, and other third parties, providing a two-way channel on critical issues and a means to help shape the perceptions of key allies and critics.
- Evaluate and understand the international and U.S. competitive and economic landscape to identify issues and trends that may impact Rubrik and/or our industry.
- Work with the Corporate Affairs, Brand and Marketing teams to develop and execute materials designed to effectively communicate Rubrik’s corporate performance and financial results to key stakeholders, including employees, investors, analysts and the media.
- Manage Rubrik’s data disclosure policy, ensuring that only approved and validated metrics are communicated publicly.
- Serve as the lead liaison for the corporate executive visibility program, shaping the narrative and providing the key metrics delivered by Rubrik’s executives in keynote speeches, presentations, articles and media interviews
Qualities and Experience
- 15+ years work experience with a blend of agency, in-house and media expertise preferred.
- Must have established media relations contacts, led media programs.
- Developed communications and reputation management programs.
- Conducted public relations or marketing/branding activities.
- Built and led a successful and collaborative team, established team goals, & developed team members.
- Proven media relations, executive communications, and financial communications expertise.
- Exceptional media relations contacts and track record of executing strategic, impactful media relations programs.
- Corporate spokesperson across all mediums – in print, on radio and on camera.
- Proven ability to develop strategy and oversee strategic communications and reputation management programs designed to advance corporate reputation.
- Must have a track record of employing creative public relations and marketing/brand activities to achieve business and reputational goals. We want strategic and innovative thinkers who will push the organization, while always keeping focused on the goals ahead.
- Track record of managing communications in a global, matrixed organization.
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of data and synthesize key points clearly, succinctly and quickly.
- Experience working with world-class brands.
- Experience counseling C-suite-level executives.
- Ability to achieve results in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, often on short deadlines.
- Proven experience working on complex programs and/or in complex organizations.
- Superb communications skills, including writing, verbal and editing.
- Ability to think creatively. Must be able work independently and without direction as well as collaboratively with colleagues in such varied positions as marketing, finance, investor relations and legal.
- Must be able to balance strategic thinking with tactical execution.
- Must be a hands-on, active leader who loves to write, debate, and engage with media, influencers and other third parties.
- Strong people leader and coach who focuses on talent development, growth and team engagement.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply For This Job