About Team & About Role:
The Product Security Engineering team is responsible for developing security-focused features and frameworks used in our products, and for making sure our products are designed and implemented to the highest security standards. We are looking for engineers who are passionate about security and helping us build features that will protect our customer’s data.
As a key member of this team, you’ll get to work on new and existing security products and frameworks, define the future of Rubrik’s security roadmap, and participate in various efforts to ensure everything our engineers implement is up to our security standards.
What You’ll Do:
- You’ll design, implement, and evolve critical, high-quality, scalable software systems
- You'll work on new security-related product features to make customer data more secure
- You’ll identify attack surfaces and build solutions to harden Polaris, our Cloud Data Management platform
- You’ll review designs and implementations of general product features to ensure security best practices are followed
- You will evangelize secure coding practices across all engineering teams
Experience You’ll Need:
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in Software Development in one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to Java, C/C++, Python, Scala or Go
- BS/MS/PhD degree in Computer Science or in any related field
- Proficiency in using applied cryptography to ensure the privacy and integrity of data
- Proficiency in identifying common classes of vulnerabilities (e.g., OWASP Top 10)
- Good understanding of Linux internals, containers and virtualization
- Experience architecting and developing large scale systems
Rubrik, the Zero Trust Data Security Company™, delivers data security and operational resilience for enterprises. Rubrik’s big idea is to provide data security and data protection on a single platform, including Zero Trust Data Protection, Ransomware Investigation, Incident Containment, Sensitive Data Discovery, and Orchestrated Application Recovery. This means your data is ready so you can recover the data you need, and avoid paying a ransom. Because when you secure your data, you secure your applications, and you secure your business.
We are a leader in data security, have been recognized as as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company, named as a LinkedIn Top 10 Startup and are proud to have earned Great Place to Work® Certification™. There has never been a more exciting time to join Rubrik, and our future is even brighter. The work you do will help propel our next chapter of growth as you do the best work of your career.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik:
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
- Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
- Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
- Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled: Rubrik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Apply For This Job