The Information Security organization advances the overall state of security at Rubrik through critical initiatives and coordination of large security projects. Information Security builds technologies, tools, and processes to better enable teams at Rubrik to develop secure software and protect data and systems with appropriate security controls. Information Security also develops systems to monitor and respond to attacks against our assets, provides awareness education to teams on security best practices for data protection, and ensures data governance and data sharing relationships with third parties in order to securely protect Rubrik information.
Where can you make an impact?
Rubrik is seeking a Senior Product Security Engineer. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring that Rubrik's products and services are designed and implemented to the highest possible security standards. You will partner with a variety of stakeholders across the business to achieve successful security outcomes in product and feature deliverables.
What you'll be doing:
- Partner closely with Product, Engineering and Information Security teams to guide product and feature roadmaps to ensure security and compliance objectives are achieved
- Guide product and engineering teams in performing security design reviews and threat modeling of proposed products and feature releases
- Work with development teams, operations, governance, and other stakeholders to document security guidance, processes and standards for Rubrik products and services
- Integrate and/or build security tools for integration in the CI/CD and build processes and work with development teams to mitigate findings
- Coordinate penetration testing / bug bounty programs and support the remediation effort
- Coordinate with security researcher community for submitted vulnerabilities and issues
Experience you'll need:
- Bachelor’s degree required; BS or MS in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field
- 5-8 years’ experience in product security, with experience across SDLC activities such as threat modeling, secure code review, vulnerability management, and penetration testing
- Knowledge of regulatory guidelines and standards such as SOC2, ISO 27001, FedRAMP, etc
- Broad knowledge of web, application, and cloud attack vectors and exploits
- Deep security subject matter expertise in at least one major public cloud provider (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience with deploying and securing SaaS applications and cloud environments at scale
- Working experience with CI/CD pipeline, containerization (Kubernetes, Docker, etc) and MicroServices
- Understanding of application security maturity model frameworks and how to apply them
- Team player, ability to establish priorities, deal with conflicts, work independently, proceed with objectives and can-do attitude
- A self-starter with excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Pursuant to Colorado regulations, if this job is performed in Colorado, the minimum annual salary is $175,000, plus bonus potential, equity and benefits.
Rubrik, the Zero Trust Data Security Company™, delivers data security and operational resilience for enterprises. Rubrik’s big idea is to provide data security and data protection on a single platform, including Zero Trust Data Protection, Ransomware Investigation, Incident Containment, Sensitive Data Discovery, and Orchestrated Application Recovery. This means your data is ready so you can recover the data you need, and avoid paying a ransom. Because when you secure your data, you secure your applications, and you secure your business.
We are a leader in data security, have been recognized as as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company, named as a LinkedIn Top 10 Startup and are proud to have earned Great Place to Work® Certification™. There has never been a more exciting time to join Rubrik, and our future is even brighter. The work you do will help propel our next chapter of growth as you do the best work of your career.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik:
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
- Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
- Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
- Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled: Rubrik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Apply For This Job