Rubrik, Inc., founded in 2014 by engineers from Google, Facebook, and Oracle, is a Silicon Valley unicorn and one of the fastest growing enterprise software companies. Rubrik is the leader in cloud data management and has created a platform that’s transforming how companies backup, restore, search, analyze and manage data both on-prem and in the cloud. Blending expertise from consumer and enterprise worlds, we’ve introduced a new, simple approach to the $48 billion legacy data backup and recovery market -- a space that hasn’t seen innovation in 20+ years. We’ve been recognized as a 2019 LinkedIn Top Company and Forbes Cloud 100 Company and LinkedIn Top Startup three years in a row.
Rubrik is seeking a Director, Public Relations to develop and own our media relationships and help build brand awareness in the market. This person will help develop Rubrik’s story to the public and will lead initiatives across Product, Marketing, and our Executive team. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about technology who excels in a fast-growing organization.
Where you can make an impact:
- Lead Rubrik’s Public Relations strategy, including corporate communications and media engagements
- Manage Rubrik’s relationship with external media and act as a central point of contact with our external PR agencies
- Define our messaging strategy with internal partners and external agencies
- Write, develop and edit content, including press releases, blogs, award submissions and speaking submissions
- Regularly track news coverage and share across organization, staying on top of industry and competitor news
- Spearhead multi-channel public relations campaigns that align speaking opportunities, news announcements, awards, case studies, proactive and reactive media relations, bylined articles, press events/ tours and other communications activities
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8+ years of public relations experience
- A background in B2B technology companies
- Ability to understand technology and translate into public relations strategies and messaging
- Track record of developing media relationships
- Extraordinary written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage ongoing projects with cross-functional teams
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply For This Job