At Rubrik we are revolutionizing cloud data management by creating the world’s first platform to orchestrate data for hybrid cloud enterprises anytime, anywhere. We are relentlessly focused on bringing a fresh approach and innovation to this old problem, by blending future proof architecture with consumer grade simplicity. We have an exciting challenge in front of us with opportunities in search, analytics, scalable systems and many other areas. We’re proud to have been recognized as a 2019 LinkedIn Top Company and both a Forbes Cloud 100 Company and LinkedIn Top Startup three years in a row.
The Advanced Technical Specialists provide expert consultancy within their area of specialism. This may be a business/functional area and/or a particular technology. They develop and/or promote technical solutions which support the business requirements within their area of expertise. They may be accountable for specific deliverables in relation to IT development or support or may lead the technical activity within their area of specialism.
The Analytics Technical Specialist is responsible for provision of technical solutions throughout the life cycle of a technical service / project whilst assisting employees to overcome any technical issues in all areas with special attention to the networking area of expertise. This role provides technical feedback and impact assessments to internal teams and other departments involved in setting up technical standards and/or documentation.
- Makes recommendations on how to improve the effectiveness, efficiency and delivery of Rubrik PSO services through the use of technology and technical methods and methodologies.
- Analyse information and develop infrastructure to support business process design and improvement activities.
- Provide technical validation for PSO during sales cycle as required.
- Recognises opportunities for business change, communicates them persuasively to appropriate stakeholders.
- Provides deep specialist consultancy, guidance and support in their specific specialism, e.g. technical infrastructure (networks, security), systems, databases, business area, specific development toolset, based on their subject expertise.
- Works with Technical Engineers or other Technical Specialists as required and ensures any solution within their specific specialism fits with strategic and technical direction.
- Ensures IT requirements are met and service quality maintained when introducing new services. Considers the cost effectiveness of proposed solution(s).
- Leads technical consultancy assignments which involve specialists from various disciplines, and takes responsibility for the quality, timely delivery and appropriateness of the team’s recommendations.
- Participates in the development of and/or review of standards, documentation and methods of working in the relevant area of expertise.
- Performs preliminary studies, general systems specifications and detailed systems specifications.
- Considers a broad range of options and applies sound judgement to develop solutions within their specific specialism. Influences direction for their specialism at a senior level.
- Leads the technical activity (design, build, testing) in a significant or complex project or portfolio of projects, accountable to the technical engineer or project manager or portfolio manager for the delivery and quality of technical deliverables.
- Assists others in resolving complex technical problems and investigating the root cause of problems and recommends smart (specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, timely) solutions.
- Liaises closely with service partners and suppliers, for example where third party work or packages involve significant functional, technical, process, data or integration decisions.
- Participates in peer reviews of deliverables and carries out formal and informal reviews of technical designs, standards, documentation and/or implementations.
- Coaches and leads others in acquiring knowledge, and provides expert advice.
Education and experience
Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Deep expertise in Analytics and Business Intelligence
Education, qualifications and experience required in an IT discipline or have the equivalence in training, experience and exposure. Recognized expert in a relevant specific specialism, e.g. technical infrastructure (networks, security), systems, databases, business area, specific development toolset
Experienced in successfully leading technical evaluations and leading architecture and design sessions
Experience resolving complex technical issues, including those involving 3rd parties
Experience in root cause analysis
Experience in 3rd party vendor management
Desirable training and experience:
- Infrastructure: VMware (vRA/vRO - vCD), Microsoft AD and advanced system administration, AWS architecture/design/devops, Azure Architecture/design/devops
- ServiceNow integration
- Development: Python, GO, ...
- Scripting: PowerShell, Linux shell scripting
- Configuration management: Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- Splunk configuration and management
Must have sound understanding of loosely coupled web systems and their data carriers (XML, JSON). Experience in design, architecture and implementation of such services with the above scripting or development languages.
Apply For This Job