ABOUT THE TEAM
As a member of the Developer Platform team at Rubrik, you will be focused on solving challenging frameworks, scalability & stability problems that will enable the company to deliver a product at high-scale without compromising on quality, velocity, and coding standards. Rubrik positions you with a unique opportunity to innovate as we scale our organization to support a rapidly increasing customer base and engineering organization. As our products add more features and functionalities to the portfolio, you will be provided with more unique and diverse problems that require innovation, which will help in accelerating your career. This is a newly formed team and you will have the opportunity to define and shape the future of Engineering Infrastructure.
An ideal candidate for this role will have interest, background, and experience in full-stack software development, in particular related to frameworks, automation and scalability. He/she is capable of solving critical problems that handles both cloud and on-prem infrastructure. The candidate will have a significant impact on the velocity of the organization by solving problems with Build and Test infrastructure across all our product lines.
ABOUT THE JOB
Rubrik Software Engineers are self-starters, driven, and can manage themselves. We believe in giving engineers responsibility, not tasks. Our goal is to motivate and challenge people to do their best work. To do that, we have a very fluid structure and give people the flexibility to work on projects that they enjoy the most. This develops more capable engineers and keeps everyone engaged and happy.
Rubrik believes innovation starts with each Software Engineer. We encourage each engineer to try out new ideas. A lot of such ideas have become our products. All ideas, whether they are coming from newly graduated students or seasoned engineers, are respected and valued the same way
- Lead and contribute to engineering efforts from planning and organization to execution and delivery to solve complex engineering problems in tools and infrastructure.
- Design, implement and evolve high quality automation frameworks for functional and non-functional testing
- Design and implement visualisation and reporting dashboards for monitoring and enabling data based decisions.
- Develop tools or implement features in existing tools for shortening the development cycle
- Provide detailed and constructive design and code reviews input to build high quality software.
- Collaborate and drive with broader engineering team in design or architectural decisions
- BS / MS Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science with 8+ years of industry experience.
- Proven track record of building, maintaining and supporting infrastructure.
- Expert knowledge developing and debugging in Python, Golang, Java or Scala.
- Strong in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of CI/CD solutions like Jenkins
- Knowledge of Containerization tools like Docker, Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of virtualization & Storage / database / network.
- Experience with large-scale distributed systems design and development is a bonus.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform/AWS/Azure or other public cloud technologies is a plus.
Rubrik is one of the fastest growing companies in Silicon Valley, revolutionizing data protection and management in the emerging multi-cloud world. We are the leader in cloud data management, delivering a single platform to manage and protect data in the cloud, at the edge, and on-premises. Enterprises choose Rubrik to simplify backup and recovery, accelerate cloud adoption, enable automation at scale, and secure against cyberthreats. Rubrik has raised over $553 million in venture funding, most recently at a valuation of $3.3 billion. We’ve been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company two years in a row and as a LinkedIn Top 10 startup.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply For This Job