ABOUT THE JOB
- Develops and implements network designs that have high availability and scalability
- Developing technology roadmaps and gathering requirements to support new network implementations
- Evaluating supplier products and making recommendations relative to supplier products and services.
- Participating in design reviews; and ensuring compliance with information technology governance standards.
- Fundamental understanding of enterprise network design, including office, campus, and global connectivity.
- Provides project management for small to large projects by completing project documentation
- Assigning tasks to project participants, owning tasks or groups of tasks, determining and gathering business and technical requirements
- Ensuring projects are completed within budget and removing obstacles and barriers for team members.
- Provides support for network infrastructure problems by monitoring the team’s support queue, troubleshooting and diagnosing problems, identifying the root cause of problems, ensuring corrective action is taken following problem identification.
- Develops relationships with key business partners and customers by seeking feedback relative to their business needs, interfacing with them on a regular basis, participating in customer meetings.
- Assisting in transforming customer needs into technical solutions that deliver business value and improve business practices, and engaging suppliers to drive solutions for the business.
- Assisting team members with completing assigned tasks.
- Holding team members accountable for compliance with departmental network standards.
- Ensuring administrator-level teammates technical knowledge is advancing by sharing technical knowledge through mentoring relationships and conducting formal/informal training on various technical topics and providing subject matter expertise.
Minimum education and experience required: Master’s degree or the equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or related field plus 4+ year of experience in network engineering; OR Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field plus 8+ years of network engineering experience.
- Highly proficient and hands on experience in networking technologies: IPv4/IPv6, BGP/MBGP, MPLS, VPN, L2 switching, VxLAN.
- Working knowledge in the operation of Ethernet LAN switching protocols and standards including, VLANs, VLAN aggregation, Ether Channel, PVLANs, Spanning Tree & Rapid Spanning Tree, 802.1Q
- Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including firewalls, routers and switches.
- Desired experience in multiple hardware vendor syntaxes including Juniper, Cisco IOS/NXOS, Arista, Whitebox Switches
- Extensive background in planning and crafting projects and analyzing existing network systems and procedures for efficiency and effectiveness
- Experience with Load Balancers, Citrix NetScaler preferred, AVI Load balancer and NGINX/HAPROXY
- Advanced knowledge of network layer security including: Fortigate, Palo Alto Firewalls, 802.1.x, Network Authentication Systems, and VPN technologies.
- Strong knowledge of network device monitoring, logging, and automation solutions.
- Minimum of 2 years experience with cloud networking and applications. GCP, AWS, Azure preferred.
- Experience with cloud deployments such as GCP and AWS
- Foundational understanding of CDN, DNS and TLS.
- Expert knowledge of firewalls technologies, including VPNs and routing
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems administration.
- Experience with one or more of the following: Go, Python, Ansible, Perl or Shell
- Strong knowledge of all layers of the TCP/IP stack and common Internet services/protocols such as SMTP, DNS, DHCP, IPAM, LDAP, NTP, HTTP.
- Configuring VPC, Transit gateways, VPN tunnels.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply For This Job