ABOUT THE TEAM
Forge is the platform and systems engineering team at Rubrik. Our mission is to develop a highly reliable and scalable software defined platform that radically simplifies building, deploying, and managing on-premise, virtual, and cloud-based appliances.
We design the appliance platform and build the core infrastructure for Operating System, Networking, Clustering, and Deployment. We enable Rubrik Software stack on various platforms including Rubrik Appliances and Industry standard 3rd party Servers.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Implement hardware development programs from inception to product shipment.
- Work with server OEMs to develop, support, and sustain Rubrik appliances.
- Generate and review validation plans, oversee execution, generate and review test reports.
- Investigate, triage, and debug hardware and system level issues down to component and
- Qualify HDD, SSD devices and execute their performance testing.
- Qualify hardware and firmware technologies at component and platform levels.
- Define, develop, and improve test scripts.
- Drive technical issues to closure by working with internal and field engineers to identify, track, root cause, and resolve issues.
- Provide support to cross-functional teams internally.
- Diagnose and resolve problems in a complex customer environment.
- Design and develop support Rubrik's application on Rubrik's appliances as well as 3rd party servers running
- BS EE or CS, MS preferred, or equivalent years of industry experience.
- Experience with x86 server hardware, networking and IO stacks, BMC/IPMI server monitoring.
- Experience with server components and technology: system boards, HDDs, SSDs, RAM, CPUs,
fans, power supplies, BMC, Ethernet, PCIe, NVMe, SAS, SATA.
- Experience qualifying SSDs and HDDs.
- Familiar with server hardware design and system level troubleshooting. Proficient operating in a linux environment.
- Comfortable in a fast moving, small team environment.
Rubrik is one of the fastest growing companies in Silicon Valley, revolutionizing data protection and management in the emerging multi-cloud world. We are the leader in cloud data management, delivering a single platform to manage and protect data in the cloud, at the edge, and on-premises. Enterprises choose Rubrik to simplify backup and recovery, accelerate cloud adoption, enable automation at scale, and secure against cyberthreats. We’ve been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company two years in a row and as a LinkedIn Top 10 startup.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply For This Job