ABOUT THE TEAM
As a member of the Engineering Platform and Developer Productivity team at Rubrik, you will be focused on solving challenging frameworks, scalability & stability problems that will enable the company to deliver a product at high-scale without compromising on quality, velocity, and coding standards*. Rubrik positions you with a unique opportunity to innovate as we scale our organization to support a rapidly increasing customer base and engineering organization. As our products add more features and functionalities to the portfolio, you will be provided with more unique and diverse problems that require innovation that will help in accelerating your career.
ABOUT THE JOB
Rubrik is seeking a passionate and talented Release/DevOps Engineer who has solid problem-solving and programming skills and experience in build and continuous integration systems (Jenkins, TeamCity, Argo-CI, Bamboo, etc..), and eager to enable efficient and fast releases by solving issues in the CI systems.
You are a key stakeholder who has a sharp focus on deploying, managing and automating a reliable, robust, high quality continuous integration infrastructure and services, debugging and resolving build and test issues to ensure on-time releases. The successful candidate has experience in automating tasks and working on large scale software development and releases within multi-platform and hybrid environments (On-prem and Clouds). He/she demonstrates effective communication and collaboration skills across projects and functional teams, and thrives in a fast paced environment. Strong sense of ownership and work ethics, collaboration, integrity are important traits required to succeed in this role.
- Provide timely and world class services of requests from key stakeholders: software development teams and project management. Typical requests would cover; CI systems, branching, build systems and testing across multiple platform environments, code signings, patches and more.
- Proactively identify issues during releases, collaborate with stakeholders on solutions and provide follow-up on the implementation.
- Maintain and automate tasks in Jenkins using Groovy, maintain and develop Jenkins shared libraries, and manage Jenkins pipeline via Jenkinsfiles.
- Maintain and support Jenkins setup in the Clouds as well as on-prem on Kubernetes.
- Partner with software development and project management teams to prepare for customization or enhancements required for new and updated release engineering requirements.
- Provide recommendations to monitor and improve release and continuous integration infrastructure.
- Drive improvements of tools used for continuous integration, automated testing and diagnostics, and release management.
- Analyze and adapt release configurations and processes to support changing needs and environments.
- Experience: 2+ years
- Strong work ethics and adept at working with teams of highly talented individuals and at different time zones.
- Solid programming skills and experience with scripting languages, e.g. Groovy, Python, Shell script, and troubleshooting C/C++ builds.
- Experience with version control, build management and CI tools, e.g. Git, Argo-CI, Artifactory, Bamboo or TeamCity.
- Experience with multiple OS environments - Linux, Windows, Mac OSX, various Unix flavors.
- Excellent follow up and communication skills. Ability to keep things conversational and organized while getting things done.
- Experience in managing Jenkins 2.0 pipeline as code, Jenkins configuration, setup and plugins
- Knowledge of containers and container orchestration, i.e: Kubernetes
- Experience with multiple build tools - Bazel, GCC, Visual Studio, Make.
- Experience with virtualization technology, e.g. VMWare.
- Experience in managing the CI/CD lifecycle in a cloud environment, GCP, Azure and AWS, familiar with deployment and provisioning tools such as Ansible, Puppet.
Rubrik is one of the fastest-growing companies in Silicon Valley, revolutionizing data protection, and management in the emerging multi-cloud world. We are the leader in cloud data management, delivering a single platform to manage and protect data in the cloud, at the edge, and on-premises. Enterprises choose Rubrik to simplify backup and recovery, accelerate cloud adoption, enable automation at scale, and secure against cyberthreats. We’ve been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company two years in a row and as a LinkedIn Top 10 startup.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply For This Job