About the Job
- You will lead the Design and build complex systems software to advance the state of Rubrik’s cloud platform and Cloud Data Protection products (O365/AWS/Azure).
- You will contribute to Rubrik’s platform, a unique approach to SaaS products that enables “Hybrid SaaS”, where the data-plane resides in the customers cloud account (Azure/AWS) while the control-plane is managed by Rubrik and resides in Rubrik’s cloud platform, Polaris.
- You will own the the product end-to-end, from working on product requirements with internal stakeholders, to building, testing, deploying and managing the deployments.
- You will collaborate with other engineering teams, with product management and with Rubrik support staff on a weekly basis.
As a Senior engineer, you will be expected to spend a significant portion of your time mentoring and growing your engineering team. You will be expected to help each individual growth and also the growth of the team, to improve its culture and processes.
- You hold a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field with a minimum of 8+ years of prior experience in a software engineering role.
- You have experience building distributed systems and working with cloud technologies such as Kuberrnetes, gRPC, message queues and object-stores.
- You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and you know how to solve problems with limited resources and time and iteratively improve those solutions over time.
- You have significant prior experience leading teams, delivering complex projects successfully and mentoring and growing those teams.
About the team
This is a team distributed across Palo Alto, California and Bangalore, India, that is responsible for designing and building the future of Rubrik’s cloud data protection products. We play an important role, working with the CTO and senior product leaders to help set the long-term architecture for Rubrik around cloud.
We value a diverse and inclusive team and work hard to achieve that and to ensure everyone has great opportunities for growth and a fulfilling job. Collaboration, selflessness, strong communication and respect for others is required.
Rubrik is one of the fastest growing companies in Silicon Valley, revolutionizing data protection and management in the emerging multi-cloud world. We are the leader in cloud data management, delivering a single platform to manage and protect data in the cloud, at the edge, and on-premises. Enterprises choose Rubrik to simplify backup and recovery, accelerate cloud adoption, enable automation at scale, and secure against cyberthreats. We’ve been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company two years in a row and as a LinkedIn Top 10 startup.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply For This Job