Rubrik delivers a single platform to manage and protect data in the cloud, at the edge, and on-premises. Enterprises choose Rubrik’s Cloud Data Management software to simplify backup and recovery, accelerate cloud adoption, and enable automation at scale. Rubrik’s run-anywhere, scale-out architecture is built to empower IT departments today, and in the future, reducing total cost of ownership while enabling infrastructure flexibility for a multi-cloud world.
Rubrik is one of the fastest growing companies in the Silicon Valley, revolutionizing data protection and management in the emerging multi-cloud world. We are the leader in cloud data management, delivering a single platform to manage and protect data in the cloud, at the edge, and on-premises. Enterprises choose Rubrik to simplify backup and recovery, accelerate cloud adoption, enable automation at scale, and secure against cyberthreats. Rubrik has raised over $553 million in venture funding, most recently at a valuation of $3.3 billion. We’ve been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company two years in a row and as a LinkedIn Top 10 startup.
As the Director of Engineering, you will be responsible for our data protection infrastructure that powers data disaster recovery product line for SaaS services such as M365, Salesforce.com, and G-Suite. You will assume the responsibilities of an existing and growing team that spans both Palo Alto and Bangalore.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
You are someone who thrives in a dynamic environment and has a track record of technical expertise and management responsibility. You will be responsible for driving your team to work closely across multiple engineering areas. As we drive forward for the success of our customers you will hold the team accountable to achieve goals of engineering excellence and product value.
You will be in high demand and this role requires a strong leader who brings a ton of empathy while holding the line of high quality, frequent product releases. Provide enough structure to bring about prioritization of work that has the biggest impact for Rubrik’s customers while allowing flexibility, empowerment of teams to deliver beyond our customers’ expectations.
- Derive and drive the roadmap with key stakeholders and vendors.
- You will diagnose and resolve systemic obstacles that prevent your team from delivering high-quality software.
- You will champion an atmosphere of continuous improvement with a metrics driven culture
- You are a strategic thinker as it relates to scale and removing obstacles from the loop. You thrive when operating in broad scope, from conception through continuous operation of services to defined SLA’s.
- You distill complex and ambiguous situations into actionable plans for your team.
- You represent your customers’ perspectives. You plan for how they will be impacted by the services you build, and you always work to enable their success.
- Lead and grow a team of passionate engineers across multiple geographies. Provide support and guidance that enables the team to self-organize and to achieve sustained high velocity and predictability.
- Help employees grow through career development, coaching, and mentoring while guiding senior contributors to maximize their potential. You'll provide a clear path for progression through personal development plans, defining goals, perform evaluations, and collaborate with employees on their objectives; retain top talent.
- Experience with SaaS enterprise software development built and delivered on any of AWS or Azure or GCP.
- Experience running engineering storage, compute and infrastructure teams that work on SaaS and On-prem enterprise platforms.
- Experience hiring and developing teams within an existing organization to work side-by-side with other teams
- Developing team identity, empowering direct reports and building career growth options for your team
- Experience working directly with customers and vendors.
- Experience building and cultivating strong engineering practices and processes
- BS CS/EE or equivalent with 12+ years of industry experience, of which 5+ years is in Engineering Management
Rubrik is one of the fastest growing companies in Silicon Valley, revolutionizing data protection and management in the emerging multi-cloud world. We are the leader in cloud data management, delivering a single platform to manage and protect data in the cloud, at the edge, and on-premises. Enterprises choose Rubrik to simplify backup and recovery, accelerate cloud adoption, enable automation at scale, and secure against cyberthreats. We’ve been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company two years in a row and as a LinkedIn Top 10 startup.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply For This Job