PALO ALTO, Calif., February 20, 2018 — Rubrik, the Cloud Data Management Company, today announced a global bookings run rate approaching $300M due to record pace of adoption in large enterprises worldwide. The news cements Rubrik as one of the fastest growing enterprise infrastructure software companies in history.
The company today also announced it has added industry veteran John W. Thompson to its Board of Directors. Thompson, the current Chairman of Microsoft, will leverage his 40+ years of enterprise expertise to advise Rubrik as the company enters its next phase of growth.
“I invested in Rubrik because of the team’s transformational vision to simplify how the entire data management model works — an area that hasn’t seen significant innovation in more than 20 years,” said Thompson. “Few companies have innovated and executed better than Rubrik over the past four years. I am thrilled to join Rubrik’s board at this exciting time.”
Rubrik is also welcoming Murray Demo as the company’s Chief Financial Officer. Prior to Rubrik, Demo was CFO at Atlassian, where he led the company through a successful IPO and subsequent quarters as a public company. Demo brings decades of experience to Rubrik and has previously served as CFO at Adobe Systems, Postini, LiveOps and Dolby Laboratories.
“Rubrik has quickly become the gold standard in data protection and data management software. As more companies simplify their IT infrastructure and embrace the cloud, this market opportunity will become even more explosive,” said Demo. “Being at the company during such a critical moment in its growth is an opportunity that I couldn’t pass up.”
“In the first four years at Rubrik, we have been able to help companies simplify what was once an extremely complex process — backup and data protection. But that’s only the beginning, the world’s largest enterprises are realizing they need a better way to manage their data in the hybrid cloud,” said Rubrik co-founder and CEO, Bipul Sinha. “In the next four years, we’ll create new technologies and solutions to help companies not only manage, but do more with that data. Bringing John W. Thompson’s expertise and relationships and Murray Demo’s financial acumen sets Rubrik on a solid foundation to accelerate our growth.”
The announcements come at a time when Rubrik is experiencing unprecedented global growth. Highlights over the past year include:
- Accelerating Global Customer Growth: Rubrik grew its global customer base by more than 4x over the past fiscal year. Customers represent global leaders in a diverse range of industries, including two of the top five biotech companies in the world, three of the top five media companies, two of the the top three real estate companies, and many more.
- New Customers Include: Barrett Steel, Elenia, France Télévisions Publicité, Frost Bank, Flagstar Bank, JE Dunn, Medatixx, Mercedes AMG Petronas Motorsport, NWS Holdings Limited, Secure24, Sphero, Tradeweb Europe, Stora Enso, UC San Diego, and University of Reading.
- Governments Worldwide Increasingly Choose Rubrik to Modernize IT: In the U.S., Rubrik continues to win deployments with federal agencies seeking to comply with the Data Center Optimization Initiative and the Modernizing Government Technology Act. Worldwide, more than 60 government bodies use Rubrik, including the U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Department of Energy, international cabinet offices and ministries. In addition, Rubrik has built the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio of government certifications and accreditations across the hybrid cloud, including the Department of Defense Information Network (DODIN) Approved Product List (APL), Common Criteria EAL2+, FIPS 140-2 Level-2 validated self-encrypting drives, and support for all major AWS and Microsoft Azure government infrastructure clouds.
- Launch of New Global Service Delivery Partner Program: Rubrik launched a first of its kind global service delivery partner program which creates premium services offerings and new revenue streams for partners with managed service offerings. The company appointed Randy Schirman as VP Worldwide Managed Service Partner Sales to expand this high-growth vertical. New MSP customers include Dimension Data, Secure24 and US Signal.
- Deepened Capabilities, Expanded Cloud Partnerships and Datos IO Acquisition: The launch of Rubrik Alta delivered instant application availability for any app, anywhere. Rubrik released market-leading capabilities to facilitate workload migration, test/dev, and DR across all major public cloud providers. The company earned the Advanced Tier Technology Partner Status in AWS Partner Network, was designated a global ISV co-seller through the Microsoft Partner Network, offering its solution on Microsoft Azure, and announced support for Google Cloud Storage. Rubrik recently announced its acquisition of Datos IO, extending its reach into mission-critical cloud applications built on NoSQL databases that are increasingly deployed in Fortune 500 companies.
- Geographical Expansion and Employee Growth: Rubrik is now over 800 employees strong across six continents, representing a 3x increase year-over-year. Over the past year, the company opened 10 new offices in India, Ireland, Kansas, North Carolina, Spain, Texas, the UK, and Washington D.C., as well as its EMEA headquarters in Amsterdam. Rubrik also opened a new, expanded corporate headquarters in Palo Alto, California.
- Strengthened Executive Bench: The company has built a deep executive bench comprised of industry veterans like CFO Murray Demo, EVP of Global Sales and Business Development Mark Smith, CMO Kara Wilson, and VP of Worldwide Channels Bertrand Yansouni.
- Channel Success: Since day one, Rubrik has employed a 100% channel-driven go-to-market strategy. Over the past year, 86% of Rubrik transacting partners have more than doubled their business with Rubrik.
- Rapidly Expanding Support Team: Rubrik’s award-winning global support team has grown by 400%. Rubrik provides 24/7, year-round support with three locations in the US and international locations in Ireland, the Netherlands, India and Tokyo.
- Awards and Recognition: In August, Rubrik was positioned by Gartner, Inc. in the “Visionaries” quadrant of its 2017 Magic Quadrant for Data Center Backup and Recovery Solutions in just three years since founding. The company was named to the the Forbes Cloud 100 and #7 on LinkedIn’s Top Companies: Startups. Rubrik has been recognized with 18 award wins globally, including the 2017 CRN Tech Innovator Award, two Best of VMworld 2017 awards including Best of Show and the Gold Award for Data Protection, and the CRN UK Emerging Vendor of the Year Award.
[BLOG] Rubrik Raises $180 Million at $1.3 Billion – Why it Matters
[BLOG] Rubrik Turns Four: Our Year in Review
[BLOG] Choose Your Cloud: Rubrik Enhances Multi-cloud Management
[PARTNER WEBSITE] Partner With Rubrik
[TIMELINE] Highlights From the Last Four Years
[VIDEO] Celebrating Our Customers. Our Journey Together
Rubrik delivers instant application availability with data protection, search, analytics, archival and copy data management. Hybrid Cloud enterprises benefit from Rubrik’s market-leading Cloud Data Management platform with simplicity, instant data access, app mobility, policy-driven automation, ransomware protection, and analytics at scale. For more information, visit http://www.rubrik.com and follow @rubrikInc on Twitter.