Rubrik is creating the cloud data management space. We make it easy for businesses to protect, search, secure, and analyze all of their data simply and scalably. As cloud adoption continues to grow at an astounding rate, we’ll be solving some of its most interesting challenges while building a product unlike anything seen before. This is a massive challenge and we’re just getting started so there is a lot of opportunity for personal growth and contribution.
Information Security - Who We Are
The Information Security (InfoSec) organization advances the overall state of security at Rubrik through critical initiatives and coordination of large security projects. Information Security builds technologies, tools, and processes to better enable teams at Rubrik to develop secure software and protect data and systems with appropriate security controls. Information Security also develops systems to monitor and respond to attacks against our systems, provides awareness education to teams on security best practices for data protection, and ensures data sharing relationships with third parties in order to securely protect Rubrik information.
What You’ll Do:
We are looking for a senior security analyst to be a part of our InfoSec team that leads our Customer Trust, Supplier Security and Security Governance functions. As a member of our Information Security team, you will be a highly motivated individual who will be responsible for the execution and continuous maturity of these services. The successful candidate will need to build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships across the company. To achieve this you must have excellent leadership, communication, and decision making skills.
A front-line Rubrik (external) customer facing function of security that focuses on responding to customer RFPs, customer audits and other customer requests that are related to Rubrik's enterprise or product security and compliance capabilities.
- Respond to security and compliance portions of customer RFPs in an accurate and timely fashion (i.e., within agreed upon internal SLAs).
- Coordinate with other Information Security, product security and Engineering SMEs, as needed to respond to customers.
- Support security and compliance related customer audits, as requested.
- Be well-versed in Rubrik's products particularly as they pertain to security and compliance features and secure SDLC practices.
- Work with Sales Operations, Field Operations, Sales, Sales Engineering, Marketing, and Engineering teams to intake requests and drive improvements to the customer trust process.
- Execute operational activities related to the maturity and measurement of the customer trust process to provide high quality services that enable sales at Rubrik.
- Drive the maturity of the external facing web pages that disseminates security and compliance related announcements and thought leadership to new customers and prospects.
- Support the finalization of security and compliance language in customer contracts.
A risk management function within Information Security that focuses on the identification, analysis, categorization and remediation of supplier security risks through due diligence and monitoring of existing and new suppliers.
- Execute various activities related to the end-to-end supplier security risk management service for Rubrik.
- Perform due diligence of new suppliers to identify security risks to Rubrik, assess and categorize risks based on leading industry frameworks.
- Drive the facilitation of risk remediation efforts as agreed to with the supplier.
- Be involved in the supplier contract development process to review deviations to security requirements and provide subject matter expertise guidance on risk remediation.
- Work closely with Procurement, Legal, Privacy, and other business teams to drive improvements to the supplier security risk management process.
- Facilitate the ongoing security monitoring of existing suppliers utilized by Rubrik.
- Drive the maturity and measurement of the supplier security process to provide high quality services and enable strong supplier risk management at Rubrik.
Policies and Standards Management
An enterprise-wide service to develop, review and maintain information security policies and standards in alignment with industry leading frameworks with the goal of enforcement and strong security risk management at Rubrik.
- Drive the definition, development, review and ongoing maintenance of information security policies and standards at Rubrik in alignment with industry leading frameworks (e.g., ISO 27001).
- Work closely with IT, Engineering, Legal, Privacy, HR and other stakeholders to ensure that Rubrik's information security policies and standards are in alignment with business operations.
- Drive the end-to-end policy and standards management function, including the management of exceptions to policy.
- Collaborate with InfoSec’s security awareness team to ensure that Rubrik's information security policies and standards are communicated and understood by all employees through creative training, education and awareness campaigns.
- Drive the maturity and measurement of the policy and standards management service to enable strong risk management at Rubrik.
- 5+ years of related work experience in Information Security Governance, Customer Trust and/or Supplier Security in the tech industry.
- Have driven several security and/or operational Information security processes within a company.
- Experience with vulnerability management and helping prioritize security related work.
- Can implement a solution (design), operational plan, and roadmap to achieve goals.
- Ability to meet demanding timelines and SLAs, manage changing priorities and execute tasks with minimal supervision.
- Knows how to estimate work effort and incubate skill sets to achieve team goals.
- Has advanced knowledge of common security risks, vulnerabilities, and threats and can escort these issues through triage / risk treatment conversations.
- Understanding of information security frameworks and compliance requirements, such as ISO 27001/2 (including ISO 27017 & 18), FedRAMP, SOC 2 Trust Services Criteria, CIS Top 20, PCI DSS, HIPAA, and NIST CSF / 800-53.
- Detail-oriented and able to understand the bigger picture by using your technical expertise and problem solving abilities to prioritize and manage blocking issues.
- Ability to ramp up quickly and learn new technologies with minimal lag time.
- Able to discuss issues at technical and business levels with audiences of various backgrounds.
- Experience in a high growth business environment is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Security, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field preferred.
- SaaS and data management industry experience is a plus.
- Professional certifications in Information Security or Risk Management (e.g., CISA, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, CSX-P, CISSP, CCSK) is a plus.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply For This Job