About our team
Rubrik reinvented data management with the user in mind. By approaching data management from a user’s perspective, we’ve distilled complex data management (backup, disaster recovery, data archival) processes into simple workflows.
Building software that scales while maintaining UI simplicity requires rigorous thinkers. We are building a UI platform that provides a consumer-grade experience at an enterprise scale. We focus both on the developer productivity and the user experience. Our mission is to enable the Rubrik engineers to deliver products with high-quality product experiences, efficiently.
We are part of the User Access organization responsible for building the platform that enables users to interact with Rubrik’s award-winning products via the cutting edge UI, industry-leading APIs, and a rich offering of SDKs. Our innovative SaaS Platform allows users to manage and control distributed workloads across their data centers and multiple cloud deployments using a single control plane.
We are looking for an exceptional engineering manager to help lead and grow this high-impact team.
As the engineering manager on the team, you will lead a talented group of engineers responsible for several critical areas, including the UI Infrastructure, Component Library, and the UI development of some of our customer-facing products. You will work across the entire breadth of the Rubrik product lines, and you will be responsible for orchestrating the creation of high-quality, consistent product experiences.
The UI Platform team recently worked on challenges similar to these:
- Create a reusable UI component library to match a new design system
- Drive consistency in the product experience and introduce a new look & feel
- Create a flexible framework to enable feature teams to build their product dashboards
- Improve build system speed and stability by integrating Webpack with Bazel
- Introduce a new UI Testing framework, build tooling and training for all UI engineers
- Improve the observability and debuggability of the production UI application
- Manage the team in a dynamic and fluid environment. Manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables with your technical expertise focusing on the strategic roadmap.
- Help build a team and cultivate innovation via recruitment and nurturing talent. Provide coaching, mentoring, and support to your team members in both technical and non-technical issues.
- Drive for innovation and improvement - encouraging and enabling your team to improve their tools, processes, and culture, keeping them agile and creative.
- Build outstanding partnerships and collaboration with teams across Rubrik, both within and external to engineering
- Build, ship, and maintain UI products in strong partnership with the feature engineering teams, PMs, and UX designers
- Work with the engineering teams to understand their needs for successful UI development; define the technical roadmap to achieve these goals.
- Along with your tech leads, define and drive the architecture and infrastructure to enable rapid innovation in our UI codebase.
- Drive technical initiatives to improve the way Rubrik builds and ships product experiences across the entire engineering organization
- 10+ years of experience building front-end web applications at an enterprise scale
- 2+ years of experience managing in dynamic (startup-like) environments with a strong record of shipping
- An eye for great product experiences and the ability to work effectively with engineers, product managers, and designers to build them
- Experience in leading teams to build rich web applications with the latest browser technologies
- Strong hands-on skills with front-end technologies. Can drill deep into the complex system design and implementation when needed
- Highly desired: A real passion for developer productivity and experience leading projects that improved engineering velocity and developer experience
Rubrik Software Engineers are self-starters, driven, and can manage themselves. We believe in giving engineers responsibility, not tasks. Our goal is to motivate and challenge people to do their best work. To do that, we have a very fluid structure and give people flexibility to work on projects that they enjoy the most. This develops more capable engineers, and keeps everyone engaged and happy.
Rubrik believes innovation starts with each Software Engineer. We encourage each engineer to try out new ideas. A lot of such ideas have become our products. All ideas, whether they are coming from newly graduated students or seasoned engineers, are respected and valued the same way.
Apply For This Job