ABOUT THE TEAM
Customer Success Engineers at Rubrik will provide enterprise level technical support to our customers via phone, web, email, chat, onsite visits and other support channels as required. CSEs are responsible for delivering effective solutions to backup, recovery, replicate, archive, index and search data across Rubrik clusters and the cloud. CSEs will spend the majority of their time dealing with both technical and non-technical administrators and end users, with the remainder of the time spent with partners and other 3rd party vendors on interoperability issues. Specific duties include the following:
ABOUT THE JOB
In this role, you will:
- Independently diagnose and resolve problems in the Rubrik products, as well as in the customer environment (e.g physical Linux and Windows system, VMWare virtual machines)
- Troubleshoot networking connectivity and performance issues between Rubrik appliances and the cloud (e.g. AWS, Microsoft Azure), using Wireshark and other packet tracking and analysis tools. Assist customers and partners in administrating and configuring network, router, switch (e.g. Juniper and Cisco), firewall and spam settings.
- Author knowledge-base articles for customers and internal consumption, detailing the symptoms, cause, workaround and solutions of common and/or known issues.
- Participate in weekend and holiday on-call/shift rotations.
- Attend onsite meetings and demos with Rubrik Sales Engineers during Proof of Concept (POC). Troubleshoot hardware issues and replace components on the Rubrik physical appliances at customers' datacenters.
- Work with Rubrik's Engineering and QA teams to recreate customers' issues in the lab. Review documentations (e.g. Release Notes, User Guide) on upcoming new software releases.
- Develop and enhance tools for analyzing logs, stats and performance data collected within the Rubrik appliances.
- Contribute to the effective and efficient handling of all levels of technical support cases from basic user questions to issues requiring more in-depth technical and problem-solving skills
- Independently diagnose and resolve problems within our sphere of the customer environment
- Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams
- Work with 3rd parties on interop issues.
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers.
- Ensure proper recording and closure of all issues
- Design, define and document support processes, training and knowledge-base articles for customer and internal consumption.
- Participate in on-call/shift rotation.
- 2-5 years doing enterprise technical support in storage or backup verticals, including advanced issues such as snapshots, replication, data recovery, networking, and VMware administration.
- Must have knowledge of Linux / Unix command line experience.
- Must have good technical knowledge of VMware, backup methodologies, networking.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to document technical content.
- Microsoft Exchange and SQL, Oracle, Cassandra and MongoDB is highly desirable.
- Experience with scripting languages (bash, Python, Perl, PowerShell) is highly desirable.
- Bachelor's Degree Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, related field OR relevant work experience.
- Hands-on experience with installation, deployment, troubleshooting, configuration and tuning.
- Experience with AWS, Azure and other cloud platforms is highly desirable.
Rubrik, the Zero Trust Data Security Company™, delivers data security and operational resilience for enterprises. Rubrik’s big idea is to provide data security and data protection on a single platform, including Zero Trust Data Protection, Ransomware Investigation, Incident Containment, Sensitive Data Discovery, and Orchestrated Application Recovery. This means your data is ready so you can recover the data you need, and avoid paying a ransom. Because when you secure your data, you secure your applications, and you secure your business.
We are a leader in data security, have been recognized as as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company, named as a LinkedIn Top 10 Startup and are proud to have earned Great Place to Work® Certification™. There has never been a more exciting time to join Rubrik, and our future is even brighter. The work you do will help propel our next chapter of growth as you do the best work of your career.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik:
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
- Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
- Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
- Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled: Rubrik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at email@example.com if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Apply For This Job